There were rumors that Civilization VI update will launch soon and now it’s finally here. Does waiting for this update finally pays off? You tell me, I think it’s very refreshing for this time of the year where everybody is at home and spend some time with the family.
To get the new Civilization Winter 2016 Update it’s very simple. It will automatically install when you start the Steam client. If you have difficulties installing it, only restart Steam and you are good to go.
Civilization VI Update and Scenario packs
In this Civilization VI update first, we will present to you the two new scenario packs. After we will continue with the fixes, updates, what is new, gameplay updates, balance changes, AI’s, multiplayer, UI’s, Audio and Visuals. Below you can see what did actually Firaxis Games prepared for us.
Civilization VI – Poland Scenario Pack
One of the two new content for Civilization 6 is the new scenario pack in this update is the Poland civilization. This premium DLC adds Poland and Jadwiga the leader to Civilization VI. Jadwiga is an expert and a champion mediator of Catholicism and protects the poor people.
Also, the new scenario Jadwiga’s Legacy includes to task players with defending Poland, Prague and Vienna from invaders invading forces comprised of the Teutonic Knights and Ottoman Turks. If you think you have what it takes to defend Poland, please show yourself on the field. Here is what the new scenario in Civilization 6 offers.
Complete Polish civilization with Jadwiga, Winged Hussar unique Unit, and Sukiennice unique Building.
- Poland’s “Golden Liberty” unique ability allows them to gain territory when they build a Fort or Encampment, even allowing them to steal territory from other civilizations! They also convert a Military Policy slot into a Wildcard slot, giving them extra flexibility in culture.
- Jadwiga allows you to spread your religion to the nearby city when you gain another civ’s territory with Golden Liberty. Her relics provide bonus Faith, Culture, and Gold.
- The famous Winged Hussar is strong on the attack and can push back defending units.
- The Sukiennice, or Cloth Hall, gives bonus Production from foreign Trade Routes, and Gold from internal Trade Routes.
Play as a great Polish noble lord in the “Jadwiga’s Legacy” Scenario
- 60 Turn limit
- Defend Poland, Prague, and Vienna from invaders including the Teutonic Knights and Ottoman Turks
- Gain glory in battle and prove yourself the greatest defender of Poland.
Civilization VI – Vikings Scenario pack
Bring Europe under your rule as the mightiest Viking lord in Vikings, Traders and Raiders. Firaxis games say that this is far the most detailed scenario released yet for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. In this The Vikings Scenario Pack you are able to see:
Six new City-States to the base of Civilization VI:
- Auckland (Industrial): Additional production for Coastal tiles.
- Antananarivo (Cultural): Culture bonus that increases with every Great Person earned.
- Armagh (Religious): Builders can construct the Monastery improvement, which provides Faith and heals religious units.
- Granada (Militaristic): Builders can construct the Alcazar improvement, which protects military units and provides Culture.
- Muscat (Trade): Bonus Amenities in cities with a Commercial Hub.
- Palenque (Scientific): Improved City growth for cities with a Campus.
Three new Natural Wonders to the base of Civilization VI:
- Giant’s Causeway
Play as a great ruler of the Dark Ages in the “Vikings, Traders, and Raiders!” Scenario:
- 100 Turn Scenario, from 787 to 1087
- Play as Harald Hardrada of Norway, King Canute of the Danes, or Olof Skotkonung of Sweden.
- Launch a naval invasion of England, conquer Paris, find Vinland with an explorer, or sail through Gibraltar and raid the Mediterranean Sea.
- Build a trade empire and profitable cities, or spread a religion and gain Faith for your people.
- Includes special art assets for leaders.
That’s it from the new content now let’s see the fixes and other improvements in the game.
- Several unique buildings that weren’t getting their yields increased by various game effects (ex. Policies)
- Issue that allowed the Goddess of the Harvest pantheon bonus to stack
- Fixed multiple text & grammatical issues
- Loading screens now show the correct text and play matching VO
- Issue that blocked certain relationship-based diplomatic actions
- Fixed multiple links to the Civilopedia
- Issue where you could declare war on friends or allies by moving units
- Issue where AI could declare war on a civ with whom they were already at war
- Fixed an issue that caused a Multiplayer lobby to require joining players to have Additional Content that wasn’t actually needed
- Fixed a bug that caused Apostles to run out of promotions
- Gaining policy slots mid-turn could block progression
- Issues caused by trading lots of Great Works at the same time
- Fixed an issue where turn timers weren’t loading correctly from a save
- Fixed an issue where Rome’s roads would connect to too many adjacent roads
- Civilizations could get another civ’s exclusive agenda
- Fixed issue that could cause menu music to play twice and overlap itself
- Fixed an issue that could cause private MP games to become public
- Issue where incomplete Encampment districts were able to attack
- Fixed multiple crashes
- Added Earth map (Standard size)
- Added “Alert” action for units
- Put a unit to sleep until they spot an enemy unit
- Scenario setup menu
- Jump into Scenarios more easily within the Single Player menu. This only shows up when a single player scenario is available and enabled (as can be found in both of the new DLCs!)
- Added new replay option to Wonder completion movies
- Religious units may now Fortify Until Healed
- Coastal Raids can now pillage districts in addition to the buildings within
- Great Admirals are no longer allowed to spawn on wonders in water tiles (ex. Huey, Great Lighthouse) so they cannot become stranded in lakes
- Cities can no longer receive yields from more than one regional building per type; they take the highest (ex. production from multiple Factories)
- Cities can no longer receive amenities from more than one regional building per type; they take the highest (ex. amenities from multiple Stadiums)
- Decreased production costs of Wonders progressively
- From the Industrial era (about -10%) to the Atomic era (about -40%).
- Decreased production costs of all Space Race Projects by 40%.
- Increased research costs of Technologies and Civics progressively
- From the Industrial era (about +5%) to the Information era (about +20%).
- Increased Faith from Mission
- Increased Culture from Chateau
- Lowered the minimum unit upgrade cost
- Improved clarity on Warmongering penalties associated with taking a civ’s final city
- Most Civilization unique districts now require population to construct (like normal districts)
- Spaceport district no longer requires population to construct
- Improved AI Deal negotiations and analysis
- Improved AI handling of Promises including that they are more likely to agree if they like you. Also will consider how trustworthy a civ is by whether they’ve kept previous promises
- Tactical handling of Great Admirals and Great Generals
- Improved AI interest in Terracotta Army, handling of leaf techs, building of Forts, resource grabbing in late game
- Improved Last Viking King agenda’s analysis for who is in bottom percentage of navies
- Rebalanced Catherine’s evaluation of the ‘no spying’ Promise
- Improved handling of several complaints or kudos messages from AI
- AI will not try to convert unconvertible cities
- Hallowed Ground scenario is now playable on huge maps
- VO now plays correctly when loading save
- Resource Report now correctly shows resources from several sources:
- Great People abilities
- Diplomatic Deals
- Checkboxes for toggle yields and grid now stay in sync with hotkeys
- Improved differentiation in Government Lens hex colors
- Added Defeat icon to the End Game Results screen
- Added sound effect for Quick Save hotkey
- Added new art for National Parks
- Updated Mines for several eras
- Updated Swordsman
- Also, the Improved city fading during combat
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!