Hi-Rez continues to expand their Paladins Champions list by adding a new Champion, Willo, of the Summer Court. The new Paladins OB49 patch address bug fixes, add a new map, Champion fixes, balancing and more!
Paladins OB49 Patch Notes
Let’s just start from the newest champion, which for you’re all probably most excited for.
New Champion: Willo, of the Summer Court
Willo owns some really cool abilities, which as a damage champion is going to surely be painful. Willo is going to turn every single game into a fairy tale. Let’s see what Willo’s abilities are.
- Wand of Overgrowth
- Fire a blast of fae energy and deal 500 damage every 0.75 seconds.
- Dead Zone
- Fire out toxic spore that and prevent all healing in an area for 4 seconds. Enemies that are affected by the spore cannot heal for 2 seconds.
- Toss a seed that explodes after a 1-second fuse, deal 500 damage and spawns 4 additional seeds which explode for 500 damage after 1 second.
- Flutter up the wings and propel forward and upwards.
- Fae Flight
- Harness the power of the Fae and fly to the sky for 10 seconds.
Willo’s Legendary Cards
- Increased weapon damage of each seedling by 350.
- Targets you hit take additional 50 damage from you, stacking up to 5 times.
- Scorched Earth
- Dead Zone damages shields for 50% of their max HP over 1 second.
Watching at Willo’s loadout cards, it seems like he’s really going to deal some damage.
New Map: Brightmarsh
As we said above, it’s not just that. The OB49 patch also adds a new map, Brightmarsh. You can see the map on the image below:
We’re talking about a Siege Map. It is really colorful with really interesting new spaces, making the map really unique. It seems that the Paladins OB49 patch focuses a lot on new content by adding a new champion and new map. Hi-Rez will surely have to make some balance changes after adding this much of a new content.
As in like every other patch, the OB49 patch will also add some new item skins and chests, including some balancing on the rest of the champions. In this patch, Bomb King, Barik, Buck, Maeve, Cassie, Makoa, Ruckus, Seris and Sha Lin are being balanced all over again.
Knowing that the patch is already live, make sure you hop in Paladins and enjoy the new content together with Willow, the new champion that is about to take the first position amongst the damage dealers.
As always, for the more detailed Open Beta 49 related info, you can visit the following link: https://www.paladins.com/open-beta-49-patch-notes-forests-call/.