Quake Champions, also known as the ROOT of FPS games, will make you raise your challenge on a next level, especially for those who played it back in the days. Memories have been written, and now the time for new history has finally come. Bethesda’s E3 2017 Presentation was really satisfying overall, especially after the announcement for hosting a Quake Championships with a potential prize of $1.000.000 as a kick-off and first hosted Quake Champions tournament.
At this moment, the game is still in beta version, but a beta that’s open indefinitely. Players can just hop in the game whenever they want and enjoy the old and neverending Quake experience. And yes, believe me, If you’ve tried the game before, you’ll get the same feeling. However, when the game will come out, it will has both free to play and paid options. The Paid option will give you pretty much everything opened, Champions, etc.. while in the free version of the game you’ll probably need to rent a champion for by using the in-game currency, Favor.
Now, after the E3 presentation, Quake Champions received a new patch and also opened the Beta servers indefinitely, worldwide. Everyone can get his hands on Quake Champions, whenever he wants to. This patch offers quite some changes, improvements and new content as well. At E3, Bethesda Presented a new Dual-Wielding Champion, B.J. Blazkowicz as a new addition to the Champions Lineup. Now, the Champion is live as well as the new map that’s been added. You can watch the trailer below:
Hosting a big Tournament with a really big prize pool is not a small deal. While Quake Champions misses some love from its players, this is a really big offer from Bethesda. Before some time we’ve been talking about how Quake Champions is ready to hit the competitive matchmaking and host some tournaments thanks to its Sacrifice mode, the mode has just gotten even better! Quake was missing tournaments in a larger caliber, involving teams instead of 1v1 duels. This is why Quake Champions promises a lot, improving their game to a whole new level.
Now, talking about the latest patch, Quake Champions has just received a new weapon, Tri-Bolt and three Maps. If you’re interested in the full E3 Patch Changelog, you can find it below:
B.J. Blazkowicz added to the Champion roster!
- Dual Wield (Active)
- BJ calls for back-up and answers his own call. Double [censored] weapons, BJ takes turns firing them in rapid succession to lay down some heavy fire, but he will burn through some serious ammo to do so.
- Regeneration (Passive)
- BJ can regenerate any damaged health inside one 25 HP block, if he doesn’t receive damage for 3 seconds.
- 100 / 100 HP
- 25 / 50 AP
- 310 -> 560 ups
- Customizations includes 3 outfits and 1 vanity item.
- New weapon added – The Tri-Bolt!
- The Tri-Bolt fires three bolts armed with timed explosives. Each bolt fires in quick succession, allowing the user to concentrate or spread the fire as needed.NEW Maps:
- Lockbox added — a new Ithagnal themed arena for Sacrifice, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch
- Blood Run added — a new Volkerh themed Duel arena
- Corrupted Keep added — a new Goroth themed Duel arena
- Party with friends to play private matches on the arena and game mode of your choice!
- Party Leaders can pre-configure teams in the Match Lobby by dragging players between pillars.
- Start Match button will be disabled if the amount of players present is lower than required
- Start Match button will be disabled in Duel mode if players don’t have 3 Champions available
NEW Spectator Mode:
- Spectator mode added within Custom Game!
- Invite friends to your party and drag them to the Match Lobby Spectator Box to allow them to spectate the match.
- Spectators can toggle camera modes between players, rooms, and free-float by pressing [L. SHIFT].
- Players can cycle through players or rooms with [LEFTARROW] and [RIGHTARROW] or by pressing - number keys for specific players or rooms.
- Spectators can press [X] to toggle x-ray outlines to see players locations through walls to help follow the action.
Main Menu UI:
- Added Tutorials section.
- Updated Loot Box Store
- New Shader Customization preview icons (now correctly matching their patterns)NEW Tutorials:
- We have added the first three videos in our series of Beta Tutorials – “Welcome to Quake Champions,” “Health, Armor, & You: Controlling Your Stack,” and “Power-Ups: Turning the Tides of War.”
- These videos are currently accessible by clicking the Movie icon on the Main Menu.
- New initial spawn points in Duel for Ruins of Sarnath
- Adjusted item placements on all maps affecting all modes
- Fix for not being able to pick-up armor shards or the Soul until only after their bounce animation ends
- Added new music set for the Dimension of the Doomed (Goroth themed maps: Burial Chamber, Corrupted Keep)
- Added music set for the Netherworld (Ithagnal themed maps: Lockbox)
A party of more than two players may enter a Duel lobby. The Start Match button is not disabled if the extraneous players remain present on the pillars instead of being moved to Spectator. Players who are still stuck on the podium after two Duel players are selected will be presented with an error message that you’ve been “kicked from the match.” Upon receiving this error, you will need to restart the client to continue playing.