One of the Raid Bosses in Raid Battles is Gengar. He is with 19768 CP and Max Capture CP 1496. Gengar is a dual type Pokemon, Ghost and Poison. Keep this in mind if you want to defeat him solo or in a party.
My No.1 choice when it comes down to Gengar is Tyranitar. I’m saying this because of 2 very important things. First, he is a Dark type Pokemon and second, because of his Bite/Crunch. At the same time, Tyranitar doesn’t take a lot of damage from Ghost/Poison moves.
Also, there are some Pokemon that can be used in a Gengar Raid such as:
- Espeon with Confusion.
- Alakazam with Futuresight.
- Gyarados, this guy takes full damage from the Boss’s attacks.
- Golem due to his ground moves.
- Houndoom with Snarl and Foul Play.
- Steelix is a good option as well because he is not receiving a lot of damage (2x less) from poison moves.
- And of course, if you don’t have any other choice, go for Dragonite :).
If some of the Trainers decide to go solo, use the Pokemon from above and follow these useful tips:
- First, make sure that you are level 30 or above.
- Then make sure that your Pokemon is at full power.
- Get yourself a Tyranitar, or any of the Pokemon above.
- Do not try to enter the Raid if you don’t have proper move sets. This is essential against Gengar.
- Tyranitar, Gyarados 2800+ CP value.
- Golem, Dragonite, Rhydon 2600+ CP value.
Also, you can solo Gengar using only 1 Gengar. Sounds crazy, right? Check out this video.