Pokemon Go Raid Battles and new Gym features have been revealed today. This is by far the biggest update since the release of the game, which will make the gaming experience even better. We expect to see the new features next week.
With this update, the players can join forces and fight against Pokemon in the upcoming Raid Battle. Sounds great, right? Don’t get too excited yet, there are a lot of changes in the game that will make you love the game all over again.
First, you can see the list of the major changes and below you can find all the useful info.
The main changes with the biggest Pokemon Go update:
- Gyms can now be spun for item rewards, similar to PokéStops.
- Gyms will now feature six permanent slots that can be filled by the controlling team’s Pokémon, and opposing teams will battle Pokémon in the order they were assigned to the Gym.
- Trainers will receive Gym Badges are rewards for fighting at the Gym.
- Gym Defenders will lose motivation over time and when being defeated.
- Gym Defenders require Berry upkeep.
- Trainers will have the opportunity to virtually team up with others nearby and work together to defeat extremely powerful Pokémon known as Raid Bosses.
- Before a Raid Battle begins, all Pokémon assigned to the Gym will return to their Trainers, and a large Egg will appear atop the Gym. When the countdown above the Egg reaches zero, the Raid Boss will be revealed.
- Raid Boss rewards include Rare Candies, Golden Razz Berries, and two types of Technical Machines – Fast and Charged.
- Raids have a 20 Player Limit and 5 Minute timer.
- Friends can also create Private Raid groups via a customizable code system that allows Trainers to invite their friends to a specific Raid group.
- Technical Machines are items you can use to permanently teach a Pokémon a new Fast Attack or Charged Attack.
Here is everything you need to know:
Gyms will undergo a major facelift. You will be able to spin the PhotoDisc at Gyms to acquire items.
Gyms are no longer based on Prestige and training. Now, they have featured six permanent slots that can be filled by the controlling team’s Pokémon. Each Pokémon must be unique. Also, opposing teams will battle the Pokémon in the order they were assigned.
There is also a new motivation system that will change how you interact with Gyms. Pokémon assigned to defend a Gym lose motivation as time goes by. As the Pokémon loses its motivation, its CP will decrease temporarily, which is easier for the opposing team to defeat it.
To keep the Pokémon in the best shape, Trainers can treat their team’s some Berries. If a Pokémon loses all motivation, it will leave the Gym and return to its Trainer Gym Badges: In this new update, you are now able to earn Gym Badges when interacting with Gyms around the world. Gym Badges reflect the contribution to a Gym’s success. You can level up your Badges by battling, giving Berries to the Pokémon and spinning the Gym’s PhotoDisc. By doing this, you have an opportunity to receive bonus items and increase rewards from Gyms by raising the level of the Gym Badge.
You will soon be able to participate in the new Raid Battle feature. A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay that will encourage you to work with other Trainers to defeat a powerful Pokémon that goes by the name Raid Boss.
Before the battle begins, all Pokémon assigned to the Gym will return to their Trainers, and a large egg will appear. When the countdown above the Egg will reach zero, the Raid Boss will be revealed. You will need a Raid Pass to battle the Raid Boss. You get one free Raid Pass per day by visiting a Gym, but you can hold only one at a time. The Premium Raid Passes can be obtained at the in-game shop.
When using the pass, you and up to 20 other Trainers will have to work together to defeat the Raid Boss. If you all successfully defeat the Raid Boss in the limit of five minutes, you will get a chance to catch a powerful Pokémon. New Items: After defeating a Raid Boss, you can receive a collection of rewards, and a few new items that you can get only by defeating a Raid Boss: Rare Candies, Golden Razz Berries, and two types of Technical Machines – Fast and Charged.
The Rare Candy is a candy that, when used on a Pokémon, turns into that Pokémon’s Candy. Golden Razz Berries will increase the chance of catching a Pokémon you run into in the wild. Technical Machines are items that you can use to teach a Pokémon a new Fast Attack or Charged Attack.
Here is something you might want to read:
- No more cashing out at the shop for gyms. The players will receive coins when their defeated Pokemon returns home. 100 coin limit remains.
- Push notifications for returned Pokemon.
- The Gym Levels and Prestige system is retiring and will be replaced with the new motivation system.
- Pokemon will gradually lose motivation over time and when they lose battles against opposing teams. As a Pokemon loses motivation, its CP will decrease too, making it weaker in battle.
- The higher CP of your Pokemon, the faster it will lose motivation.
- Now the players will feed berries to Pokemon at gyms to increase ‘motivation’ levels of its hosts.
- Any berry can be used to increase motivation levels.
- Two different ‘technical machines’ available, one to change a mon’s fast move, the other for their charge move.
The developers will temporarily disable all Gyms. Once the update is in full effect for everyone around the world, Gyms will return. The Raid Battle will appear sometime next week, starting as a beta version. They will invite more players to participate and enable raids at more Gyms.