Behaviour Interactive has been successfully making games for 25 years. It is a company that is filled with passionate gamers and enthusiastic developers. So they tell their story about how they decided to make Dead By Daylight.
They’ve kept returning to the idea of playing the bad guy. They’ve made a lot of prototypes, from the most simple to the complex prototypes. Around 10 years ago, some of the publishers told them that horror games were just not something people wanted to play. So they tried to build the game around humor, not fear. And that is how Naughty Bear was born. But the developers were still unsatisfied, so they stuck with the horror idea.
The devs worked on playable prototypes because they felt like they needed to make a fun game core before moving on. Part of it was hide and seek. They had to make a multiplayer experience by holding a piece of cardboard in front of a monitor so that two players could play the game without seeing the other screen.
From that moment on, they never left the core idea: a weak and vulnerable character that is running away from an unstoppable murder beast. Everything else was built around that, and the developers had to enhance and improve the gameplay. The devs launched Dead by Daylight on PC at E3 2016. Since that important event, the team grew and they released four new chapters filled with new killers, survivors, and maps. They’ve also created a few of cosmetic faces to the game too. They’ve put the original slasher, Myers and the iconic last girl survivor, Laurie Strode.
They were given an opportunity when they created the console version of Dead by Daylight, to complete a large overhaul of the core game systems, like UI and matchmaking. And because of that, a new group of passionate fans is coming to the community.
Here are a few bits of advice for the newcomers:
- As a survivor, if you do not panic you will be just fine. Just stay focused and stick to the plan.
- Most importantly, get your bearings and figure out the environment. Then you should fix the generators quietly and cautiously.
- If you hear the heartbeat, just hide.
- When the generators are fixed, go to the exit and leave. But if you feel confident, go back to save the unlucky ones.
- As a killer, you need to stay on the target and do not let the survivors trick you. Once you find one, stay one step ahead, figure out where they will run to and cut them off. Then if you can, carry them to your basement.
- Look out for your generators, they will make a mistake, and you need to make sure they are punished accordingly.
Dead by Daylight will come soon to Xbox One, to be more precise on June 20. Until then, don’t forget to subscribe and get the latest gaming news.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!