As we now know, Legendary Pokemon are spawning in Pokemon Go. The Trainers around the world are putting their forces together, their strongest Pokemon and trying to battle and catch a Legendary during Exclusive/Legendary Raid Battles.
One of the Legendary Pokemon is Moltres, as one of the three Legendary birds, along with Articuno and Zapdos. Moltres is a Flame type Legendary Pokemon with flame-colored plumage and covered with a flame on his head and wings. So, pretty much it looks like a Phoenix.
We expect to see his CP around 28.000, with Max Capture CP 1870. He can take x2 Super Effective dmg from Rock Type moves, and Super Effective dmg from Water and Electric type moves.
You might say, “We can use Golem, Tyranitar, Lugia or Articuno as one of the best counters”, but trust me, there are more Pokemon that can be very useful against Moltres.
Pokemon Go Legendary Raid Boss Moltres Counters List
Moltres’ weakness is against 2x Rock, Electric and Water type Pokemon. So, here is a spreadsheet of Counters and their useful moves against Moltres.
- Golem with Rock Throw/Sto9ne Edge
- Tyranitar with Bite/Stone Edge
- Vaporeon with Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Gyarados with Dragon Tail/Hydro Pump
- Omastar with Rock Throw/Rock Slide
- Feraligatr with Water Gun/Hydro Pump
If you don’t own any of the above mentioned Pokemon, you can always use the following. Yes, I know they are weaker but they can contribute when in bigger raid groups.
- Aerodactyl – Bite/Ancient Power
- Kabutops – Fury Cutter (legacy)/Ancient Power
- Kingdra – Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Kingler – Bubble/Water Pulse
- Lanturn – Water Gun/Hydro Pump
- Slowbro – Water Gun/Water Pulse
- Sudowoodo – Rock Throw/Stone Edge
Just heads up, before entering a Legendary Raid always use your best Pokemon and movesets.