There’s an answer for everything. After encountering a couple of hacks that have actually managed to stay under the radar in H1Z1: King of the Kill, the devs have decided to improve their anti-cheat system. This will lead to a better prevention and also a better player experience. The community cannot get anything better than an anti-cheat improvement for which everyone loves to hear about.
The upcoming update should become available on July 20, today, and it will also fix a very known vehicle hit-reg issue. Basically, victims inside a vehicle could’ve been able to avoid shots, which is kinda annoying. Thanks to the upcoming patch this issue should be gone.
Because of this patch, the H1Z1: King of the Kill servers must be terminated and they will be down for approximately 4 hours. Besides these two most important changes, the patch will feature further improvements, including bug fixes and server optimizations. Below you can find the full patch notes:
- Hit-Reg: Fixed an issue where shots could pass through players sitting in vehicles from certain angles, without taking damage.
- Anti-cheat: Several changes have been incorporated to further prevent cheating.
- Updated the network diagnostic HUD element that can be toggled on by pressing ‘N’ (default). Please enable this while recording or streaming – if you encounter latency or desync issues and send us the video, it’ll be a huge help to pinpointing problems.
- Steam avatars should no longer occasionally be missing in the main menu lobby.
- Players will now correctly be awarded credit for kills when their victim is “finished off” by indirect damage such as gas, falling, or car explosions. Also fixed Molotov’s and explosive arrows counting as environmental kills instead of player kills.
- Med kits are no longer consumed when they do not actually begin a heal over time (this occurs when a med kit is applied when another med kit healing effect is already active on the player).
- Fixed an issue where firing at the same time as a reload is triggered could cause the ammo count to be incorrect.
- The prone to stand up animation can no longer be skipped.
- Renamed the “Bandages” and “Other Medical” key bindings to “Medical 1” and “Medical 2” since any medical item can be equipped in either slot.
- Postal boxes will now correctly take damage from vehicles.
- Objects and lootable items no longer spawn slightly underground in warehouses.
- Fixed an issue that was causing infinite load screens (IRM). We are still investigating this to make sure any other causes are identified and addressed.
- Fixed a crash that could occur with outdated graphics drivers or overheating/overclocked GPUs.
- Fixed a server crash that would disconnect all players in a match when it occurred.