One of the Legendary Pokemon Beasts in Raid Battles is Raikou. He is with 3349 Max CP, 241 Attack, 210 Defense and 180 Stamina, and is part of the Electric Type. As such, his weakness is Ground Pokemon, and Raikou is strong against Electric, Flying and Steel Pokemon.
Raikou’s best moveset is Thunder Shock/Thunder.
My No.1 choice when it comes down to Legendary Beast Raikou is Golem. I’m saying this because of 2 very important things. First, he is a Rock Type Pokemon and second because of his quick and charge movesets, Mud Slap/Stone Edge.
There are two other great counters as follows:
- Rhydon – Mud Slap/Stone Edge
- Tyranitar – Bite/Stone Edge
If you don’t have any of the above mentioned Pokemon, nothing to worry about. You can use the following Pokemon that can be very effective when in bigger Raid groups against Raikou:
- Donphan – Counter/Earthquake
- Marowak – Mud Slap/Earthquake
- Geodude – Rock Throw/Rock Slide
Raikou’s Defense stats are good, so I expect to see this Legendary Beast defeated by 7 Trainers, or 4 Pro Trainers.
A reminder, before entering a Legendary Raid, always have your best Pokemon by your side and his best movesets.
Region Spawn Switch Dates:
- First Region Swap Date – 8/31/17 – 9/30/17
- Second Region Swap Date – 9/31/17 – 10/30/17
- Third Region Swap Date – 10/31/17 – 11/30/17