The title applies to both the new map and the leaderboards feature, without the matter of the new Mini-14. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is going to become a “Slaughterfest” thanks to the new foggy map. Now, I am pretty sure that a lot of you haven’t seen the map already. The map looks quite disturbing because of the players’ eyesight reduce. Judging by watching the pictures that PlayerUnknown published on Twitter, it seems the vision is deficient and reduced to 10-20 meters at max.
Below you can take a peek at the new Map, bringing new weather cycle, FOG.
We'll have our next update's patch notes for you tomorrow, but for now, here's a better look at our new Foggy Weather Effect! pic.twitter.com/w8v9zphrgi
— PUBG (@PUBG) September 11, 2017
Close fight lovers, this is where you step up. CS: GO players will have a lot of advantage on this map, as it is close combat only. Most of the gamers believe that CQB is going to be a lot of fun, and I would agree with it.
Did I say, Slaughterfest? Yes, I did!
First of all, everyone who runs a budget PC should get better frame rates considering the view distance limitation which should result in a faster rendering of closer particles and objects. That’s the best advantage players can get. Furthermore, the First Person Leaderboards will just spice things up and should equal in a lesser school jumps, knowing that people will start caring about their rank. If we take all of that into consideration, he who enters a foggy map should be aware of the environment and play cautiously.
This is where Squads’ audacity plays an important role and having an extra pair of eyes will be more than welcome.
Long have we waited to receive a type of genetic improvement by only adding a foggy map without the need of any further optimizations to improve the FPS. Starting from tomorrow on the Public Test servers, the “Slaughterfest” begins in PUBG. I’ll be more than glad to attend and participate in my free time.
Below you can find the full patch notes of the upcoming update:
- Optimized shadows
- Improved performance on low-end PCs by optimizing buildings
- Optimized client and server performance when there are multiple vehicles in a close vicinity
- Optimized UI
Added Foggy weather
- The foggy weather effect will hinder player sight on the map. This weather effect has a low probability to occur
- In order to test the weather effect, the foggy weather will have a higher chance to occur during test server gameplay, but will be reduced for Live servers
- Enhanced graphics of the sky in pre-existing weather effects
- Added a new town, East of Stalber
- Added new Option to change Cross-hair color
- Added new Double Tap feature in control options for leaning (Default keys set to Q and E)
- Added new option to improve the visual effect of going from free look back to character’s line of sight
- Added new key binds when using Consumables
- Teammates’ names are now representative of their current postures (IE Standing, Crouching, Prone, etc)
- Added new key bind to mark your current position on the map (Default key set to Insert)
- Added a new key bind to center the map around the character’s current position (Default key set to Space)
- Added a new key bind to use the Consumables in the order of Med Kit, First Aid Kit, and Bandage (Default key set to “-“)
- Added a new feature to reset the zeroing distance using Mouse wheel click
- Adjusted the position of the Report window
- Added a new weapon, the Mini-14. The Mini-14 is a lightweight and compact 5.56 semi-automatic marksman rifleAdded a new weapon, the Mini-14. The Mini-14 is a lightweight and compact 5.56 semi-automatic marksman rifleo The weapon uses sniper rifle attachments for both the muzzle and magazine slots, and can take any type of optic sighto This weapon has lower damage stats than other DMR’s, which is compensated by very high muzzle velocity and low bullet drop.
- Distance at which shadows are rendered are now synchronized across all graphics settings to ensure fair play
- Characters who are knocked out while underwater will now have a breath gauge as well as take additional damage over time
- Adjusted the balance of several weapons:
- Increased the Crossbow reload speed by 35%
- Tommy gun has been removed from Care Packages and become a world spawn. It now supports attachments such as the Silencer, Vertical Foregrip, and Magazines
- Horizontal recoil scale has been clamped for greater consistency for weapons with high horizontal recoils
- You may now holster grenades by switching to another weapon or unarmed state unless the grenades have already been cooked
- The firing mode of weapons will now remain consistent with the firing mode that was selected, after dropping a weapon and picking it back up again
- Adjusted the collision damage of Motorcycles
- Recoil animations are updated for all weapons
- Adjusted animations and balance of throwables
- Decreased fuse time of the Flash Grenade to 2.5 seconds
- Increased the lethal and injury ranges of the Frag Grenade
- Improved the animation for throwing grenades to allow for increased speeds and more accurate trajectories, but decreased visual trajectory distance of throwables
- Cooking of grenades is now manual (Default key set to R)
- You may now toggle the throwing mode between overhead and roll (Default key set to Right Mouse Click)
- The movement speed of a character affects the trajectory of throwables
- Improved leaning animation; leaning on the left side to expose less of the body
- Sprinting will no longer prevent regeneration of breath gauge and will stop leaning state automatically
- You may change your stance while reloading without cancelling the reload
- Added new sounds when using Consumables
- Adjusted the audible ranges of reloading and window breaking
- Added a new sound for collisions between vehicles and characters
- Added new sound for the animation of removing the grenade safety pin
- Characters that fall or glitch underneath the map will now be reset to the ground automatically
- Fixed a bug where FOV slider value would be improperly set inside of vehicles in FPP mode, regardless of FOV slider setting
- Fixed a bug resulting in clients freezing when changing controls in the options
- Corrected the descriptions of certain weapon attachments
- Fixed animation bugs of other characters after reconnecting to a game
- Fixed several bugs related to the Spectator mode
- Fixed a bug of the breath gauge appearing at zero at the start of the game
- Reloading will now cancel if a character loots an item with Right Click during reload
- Fixed a bug with the honking sound remaining persistent when opening the map or performing other actions while honking
- You may no longer set different features on a single key bind in the Options
- Fixed a graphic bug of the Magazine position on the weapon in the Inventory screen when switching to a different weapon
- Revised the BP methodology to prevent BP farming and idle users from gaining BP
- Added FPP Leaderboard for all regions with FPP
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights™ now works on Window 7 and Window 8 (However, if Windows Aero is disabled it may not work)
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!