MachineGames has released their first Beta Patch for Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. The game was playable, but some finesses had to be done. By Beta, it means that you should opt in to receive those kinds of updates, more precise, if you’re using Steam then you should perform some additional actions.
MachineGames are quite confident on their newest patch considering the Steam overlay functionalities should now be working as usual. Despite that, MachineGames has also enabled Async Compute which relates to AMD graphics cards. The only thing here is that AMD users should update to the latest AMD driver 17.10.3.
On the opposite sides of happenings, the 1080 TI’s Async compute will be disabled until a fix is deployed. So, as we said, in order to opt-in and get this Beta update you need to do the following steps:
- Go to you Steam Library
- Right Click Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus and Go to Properties
- Select Betas tab
- Choose to opt-in for Public Beta in dropdown menu
Since its launch, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus has brought a lot of audience under its wings. MachineGames has certainly made a big community. Of course, our favorite part of the game is all of the Cutscenes which are worth playing for. Bethesda and MachineGames have been developing such an amazing work, and the community just seems to love it. In the end, it’s all about bringing the Nazi Regime down.
Furthermore, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus will resolve file issues in some other regions like Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Japan, Kuwait and Oman.
Below you can find the full patch notes:
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Patch notes:
- Resolved an issue affecting the deployment of full game files in Japan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia
- Re-enabled Async compute for AMD users (requires AMD driver version 17.10.3, linked below)
- Temporarily disabled Async compute on 1080ti until driver fix is in
- Re-enabled Steam Overlay
- Added driver version detection and dialog