Battlerite 1.1.0 Update Adds New Champion, Improves UI, Performance and Balance
Battlerite, a game that slowly but surely builds its community the right way. The developers behind Stunlock Studios have nothing further to do except keep on working with the same tempo since the game left Early Access phase. Stunlock Studios has released a new update titled as 1.1.0. This new update adds a new champion, Destiny, the Sky Ranger.
Destiny seems to have similarities with Jade, being agile, executive and dangerous at the same time. Finally, Jade might receive a cool counter or someone to cope with when it comes to ranged champions. Destiny possesses different abilities which as new, they sure look overpowered. But that happens in every other game when it receives a new character, until players decide how to counter it.
Despite the new Champion, Battlerite has been dealing with some UI and performance issues. FPS drops caused by Ruh Kaan’s primary attack are now gone. Stunlock Studios has also added new resolution options for various aspect ratios that shall lead towards a better GPU performance, thus players won’t struggle with low FPS and additional issues.
UI changes have also been performed and notifications messages will now become a reality. Messages now do appear whenever a transaction is made even if players’ Steam Overlay is off.
Battlerite 1.1.0 Patch Notes:
- Fixed a performance spike when some champions became visible after standing in the fog of war
- Fixed a FPS drop that some players experienced when Ruh Kaan killed someone with his primary attack (M1)
- Added additional resolution options for the following aspect ratios: 5:4, 4:3, 3:2, 5:3, 16:10, 16:9, 17:9, 21:9. This should allow players with a struggling GPU to reduce the resolution and thus
- increase performance. The aspect ratio is currently locked to a minimum of 16:10 – this will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
- Loadout Picking time reduced from 90 to 60 seconds.
The following bots have been added to VS AI and Private Matches:
- Ruh Kaan
- A notification message will now appear in chat when Steam Overlay is not enabled when trying to purchase a bundle that requires overlay to be enabled.
- Can now equip mounts in the Collection -> Mounts window.
- It should no longer unready all members of a party when one member unreadies.
- Fixed a bug where black borders would block the HUD when in a match with 4:3 or 5:4 (or higher ratio) resolutions.
- Fixed overlapping texts in the ‘Active quests’ section in champion select.
- Added ‘View Profile’ dropdown in the add friend popup.
- Changed ‘FREE TO PLAY’ text in champion select to ‘FREE TO PLAY ROTATION.’
- If multiple chest reward notifications are active and player clicks on one, all of them are removed.
- Added Champion icons to control settings dropdown list.
- Changing camera modes (bound to 1-4) have been re-enabled in full screen Odeum replays.
- You should no longer get stuck in the loading screen if you edit a replay directly after viewing an Odeum replay.
- Champion names are now displayed in Scoreboard
- Scoreboard now correctly displays the scores of the previous round until the next round begins
- Champions are now properly cleared of energy, buffs, weapon charges, and other effects before each round starts.
- Fixed a bug with Shadow Pestilus’ Queens ability.
- Added a 500 HP dummy that regains health if not attacked for 1.5s. You can practice combos on it!
- The Dab of Pride and Accomplishment – New Legendary Pose available for Croak. Can be unlocked for 20,000 Tokens.
- “The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking this item.”
- This item can only be purchased with tokens and will not drop in chests.
Bringing new content and patching Battlerite is what every player wants to see, therefore, Stunlock Studios have done an exceptional job by retaining Battlerite’s core functions.