After the Star Wars: Battlefront II Microtransactions controversy, EA tends to change even further because of safety reasons. At least that’s how it feels like after The Dutch Gaming Authority investigation announcement came through. This time, we’re talking about Need for Speed Payback.
Players will receive an increased amount of REP and Bank for attending an event. Skill rewards will be included as higher placement will get players better amount of REP and Bank but, lower placed players will receive a bigger amount of the same, as well. Despite these changes, Ghost Games will change to appearing of Air Suspension and is going to appear more frequently with Shipments.
No matter the facts above, the main reason remains unknown as EA tends to stay quiet on the progression system changes. There was no reason for that but it feels like EA finally start to be fair to its customers. What differs from SWBFII, EA will not remove the microtransactions. Need for Speed Payback should become a less grinding game for which players may finally enjoy getting their favorite parts the way they want, the fast way I mean.
It is fun to follow EA nowadays, as they’re performing quite a lot of changes regarding Progression systems and microtransactions in their game titles. Below you can find the full changelog:
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.