The EX Raid system was first discovered by the SilphRoad on their APK discoveries on v0.69.0, back in summer, to be more precise on July 19. SilphRoad then made quite a good breakdown, like always and discovered the EX Raids and the Legendary Pokemon.
One month after the APK, on August 13, Mewtwo’s stats have been changed and the hype was real. Then, the next day, on August 14, the first EX Raid Battle was presented to the Pokemon Go community, during the Pikachu Outbreak event at Yokohama Stadium in Japan. During the event, Niantic celebrated a record-breaking week with over 2 million players and more than 120 million Pokemon caught, including the fifth Legendary Pokemon in the game Mewtwo. Here is a video of the very first EX Raid Battle:
After this event, it took almost a month for the seconds EX Raid, and until today, there are 14 EX Raids in total, as reported:
- August 14 – Pikachu Outbreak at Yokohama Stadium in Japan
- September 7 – Water, Precious Water
- September 8 – San Francisco, Washington, New York and Japan
- September 15 – The first sponsored Sprint gyms
- September 21 – The second wave of sponsored Sprint and Starbucks gyms
- September 30 – Non sponsored gyms and the time changes from 12:00 to 13:00
- October 1 – Non sponsored gyms the same time as the raid before
- October 6 – Orlando EX Raid from 13:30 to 14:30
- October 20 – Until this day, EX Raid Battles were happening only for weekends. This was the first time for a weekday EX Raid from 12:00 – 12:45
- October 27 – Friday at 12:00 – 12:45
- November 3 – Friday at 12:00 – 12:45
- November 11 – Saturday
- November 26 – EX Raid time 45 minutes
- December 3 – EX Raid time 45 minutes
Have you received yours yet?
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!