Daybreak Game Company have announced the November 16th update which is about to change to game, or at least, bring it to a different level than it was. H1Z1’s introducing system is not that warm and welcoming to new players, therefore they have decided to include something new called Combat Zone. Despite that, this update includes various bug fixes, Daily Challenges, Gameplay Tunning and more.
Combat Zone is there for the greater good for the new players. For the first time after while now, Daybreak Game Company has decided to add a practice arena where players can learn the basic mechanics of the game. It will still be a PVP matchup offering a smaller map and faster pace of the game. Something similar to what PUBG needs, so newcomers will have an arena to at least find out the game’s basic mechanics including weapon’s recoil, etc…
Furthermore, H1Z1 will receive a so-called Daily Challenges where players will receive three challenges per day. They will be divided in three groups, Easy, Medium and Hard rewarding more skulls. Players will be able to discard one of the three challenges per day to get a replacement. As the developers have stated, below you can find some examples of the new challenges:
- Halfway There – Place in the top 75 of a Solos match (easy)
- Domed – Destroy 10 helmets worn by other players (medium)
- One Shot. One Kill. – Kill an opponent with the .308 Hunting Rifle (hard)
This change will remove the Bounty System.
Speaking of various bug fixes and performance improvements, there’s a lot to talk about. For the first time after a long time it feels like Daybreak Game Company has finally decided to bring quite a lot of changes in H1Z1, which is expected to lead towards an improved players’ experience. Below you can find the improvements and also bug fixes as stated:
- We’ve made improvements to our file system that reduce the download size of the game. This change will require that previous files are downloaded again to receive the new format; however future downloads will utilize the new format and will therefore require a smaller amount of space.
- You can now enter vehicles that are moving slowly instead of only when they are completely stopped.
- Training & Skirmish have been removed from the UI. Future Skirmishes will be presented through the Events system.
- Added a “Scrap Duplicates” button that allows you to Scrap all but one of the selected item.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Twitch Accounts to not successfully link to Daybreak Accounts.
- Shooting from a passenger seat should no longer result in hitting a teammate in the backseat.
- You will no longer get stuck after crouching in a truck bed.
- You can now consistently see other players stand up when they are in the back of a truck.
- You can no longer throw a grenade and shoot with a single click.
- Stun Grenade effect will no longer be canceled by exposure to a second Stun Grenade.
- You will no longer incorrectly go into first person if you enter a vehicle while zooming.
- AK-47 will no longer appear further from the camera than usual when going into first person while aiming down sights.
- Camera will no longer rarely veer off target when crouching and quickly switching between first and third person.
- Reticle no longer slightly shifts when punching.
- Vehicles will no longer occasionally spawn with two sets of keys.
- Backpacks that are upright (e.g. leaning against the wall) will now properly show up in proximity.
- Players will no longer occasionally enter a handgun stance when exiting a vehicle.
- Different satchel types now give the same number of cloth scraps (2).
- Leather satchels are now visually distinguishable from plain Satchels.
- Made Survivor Backpacks a bit smaller.
- Hellfire 4-6 bullets now properly go through chain-link fences.
- Fuel tanks now detonate when hit by molotovs and flaming arrows.
- One shot from a Hellfire 4-6 now brings Makeshift Armor to 16% condition instead of 0%.
- Flaming arrows now trigger the on fire animation when they successfully damage a player.
- Balanced out the effective range of various arrow types.
- Group members will no longer get stuck in queue if the leader queues while one or more group members are in an unready state.
- Fixed an issue where a player could queue for a match then join a group, and then be unable to queue for a new match.
- Fixed an issue where the end screen would not display if your map is open during a win.
- End screens will no longer display on the main menu when dying with your map open.
- Leaderboard player list and icon no longer disappear when user clicks on a player profile then switches divisions.
- Selected skins will properly load when clicking on a locked skin then back.
- Previewing a locked skin will no longer prevent you from previewing another skin afterwards.
- Mousing over new items should no longer cause customization to re-sort.
- Changed text color for carrying capacity in Inventory to be a bit easier to read.
- Canceling on “Match Found!” will no longer cause “Back” and “Exit H1Z1” buttons to disappear.
- “Crouch Blocked” message will now always properly play in the appropriate situations.
- Various anti-cheat improvements and crash fixes.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!