Ho-Oh is a dual-type Fire/Flying Legendary Pokemon available to battle and catch until December 12, with base capture rate: 0.02 and base flee rate: 0.04.
Ho-Oh’s Max CP is 3889, attack 239, defense 274 and stamina 193. When it comes down to his CP – 48276. His Quick/Charge moves are:
- Steel Wing – Quick
- Extrasensory – Quick
- Brave Bird – Charge
- Fire Blast – Charge
- Solar Beam – Charge
Ho-Oh can’t be soloed, which means you will need the best team of counters in order to defeat the trio master of the Legendary Beasts.
My No.1 choices when it comes down to Ho-Oh are Golem, Zapdos and Omastar. I’m saying this because of 3 very important things. First, Ho-Oh is weak against Rock Type Pokemon, second Ho-Oh is weak against Electric Type Pokemon and third, Ho-Oh is weak against Water Type Pokemon.
When in EX Raid Battle, make sure to use the above-mentioned Pokemon and the following Quick/Charge Moves:
- Golem – Rock Throw/Stone Edge or Rock Blast
- Zapdos – Charge Beam/Thunderbolt or Zap Cannon
- Omastar – Rock Throw or Water Gun/Rock Slide or Rock Blast or Hydro Pump
If you don’t have any of these Pokemon, nothing to worry about, I got your back:
- Dragonite – Dragon Tail or Dragon Breath/Outrage or Dragon Claw or Hurricane
- Tyranitar – Bite/Stone Edge
- Vaporeon – Water Gun/Hydro Pump or Aqua Tail
- Gyarados – Bite or Dragon Breath or Dragon Tail/Hydro Pump
You now have the perfect list of Ho-Oh Raid counters. But, please have in mind that if Gen 3 drops, with new moves and new Pokemon, this list could look very different.
Ho-Oh is now live, and will stay in the game until December 12.