Pokemon Go just got updated to v0.85.2 for Android and v1.55.1 for iOS users, and this update brings the long-awaited Gen 3, as well as the new weather system.
Pokemon Go company has officially announced the beginning of a new Pokemon Go era with the release of 50 Gen 3 Pokemon and the new feature, weather system.
The new feature, weather system, introduced in Pokemon Go will adapt to players’ local weather patterns, and species are going to get weather bonuses, depending on their type.
The weather system is something new in Pokemon Go, and there is nothing special that any of us should know, except the fact that Pokemon are getting stronger, spawn more frequently and give extra Stardust, when the weather change to sunny, rainy, snowy, foggy, partly cloudy and windy.
The update, now available for Android and iOS users, brings Gen 3, the new feature weather system, beta-test of Battle Parties, and increases the Pokemon Storage from 1000 to 1500 max.
Here is the list of changes and additions, as announced on the Pokemon Go website:
- 50 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region can be caught.
- Real-world weather conditions are now reflected in Map View, in battle, and when catching Pokémon.
- Added a weather icon that can be tapped to highlight which Pokémon types are more likely to appear in the surrounding area and will be affected by current weather conditions.
- Added the beta feature to create battle parties that allow Trainers to save teams of up to six Pokémon to take into Gym battles and Raid Battles.
- Increased Pokémon Storage maximum to 1,500.
- Updated the battle interface to include a dedicated button for performing a Charged Attack.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
Gen 3 sprites with all shinies list, thanks to Chrales:
The new era of Pokemon Go has just begun, so get out there and catch ’em all!