Kyogre is Now Available in Pokemon Go, Here are the Strongest Counters Against the Legendary Pokemon
The Legendary Water Type Pokemon from Gen 3 Kyogre, is now live in Pokemon Go as a Raid Boss, and the same will be staying with us until February 14.
Kyogre is a Tier 5 Legendary Raid Boss, with 51968 CP, weak against Electric and Grass Pokemon, and strong against Fire, Ice, Steel and Water Type Pokemon.
As a Legendary Pokemon, Kyogre is not soloable, and you’ll need at least 5-6 Trainers in order to defeat it. To make it easier for you, I’ve made a list of top 10 Kyogre’s counters as follows:
- Raikou with Thunder Shock/Wild Charge
- Sceptile with Fury Cutter/Leaf Blade
- Zapdos with Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
- Exeggutor with Confusion/Solar Beam
- Venusar with Vine Whip/Solar Beam
- Groudon with Mud Shot/Solar Beam
- Victreebel with Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Ludicolo with Razor Leaf/Solar Beam
- Mewtwo with Confusion/Shadow Ball
- Shiftry with Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
Kyogre’s fast and charged moves are:
- Waterfall – fast
- Hydro Pump – charged
- Blizzard – charged
- Thunder – charged
For last, take advantage of Kyogre when it’s raining to get him at Lvl 25 with 2910 Max Raid Capture Combat power. Its moves will be boosted, but don’t forget – Rain also boost Electric Type Pokemon. With this being said, Raikou comes as the best counter. And don’t forget, Kyogre will be available to battle and catch until February 14 at 1:00 PM PST.