New Wave of EX Raid Invites Goes Live in Pokemon Go, Set for January 24
Pokemon Go Trainers, check your app now, as a new wave of EX Raid invitations was just sent by the Pokemon Go company, and this time the “lucky winners” will have a chance to battle and catch Mewtwo on January 24.
Niantic has made changes and improvements to EX Raids as follows:
- EX Raid Battles will take place most commonly at Gyms found in parks and sponsored locations.
- Trainers with a high-level Gym Badge are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles taking place at that Gym.
- Trainers who have completed a larger number of Raid Battles are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles.
- EX Raid Battle start times now take into account popular Raid Battle times at that Gym.
- Trainers invited to EX Raid Battles will receive an in-game notification if the EX Raid Battle is canceled.
- Trainers will receive Stardust and Premium Raid Passes when an EX Raid Battle is canceled.
The new EX Raid invitations are sent worldwide, and the same will last for 45 minutes. Good luck and I really hope you’ve got a pass this time. If not, better luck next time!