Bluehole has maybe found the problem that lies behind server lag especially at the beginning of the match. Many players are no strangers to this issue, as it was annoying to miss a loot at early game. Well, Bluehole has now reduced the view distance while parachuting, and as they claim, it will undoubtedly improve the server’s performance.
However, the strange thing is that this could’ve been resolved a long time ago. However, the change applies now after the fix for Meltdown flaw has come to live. It is strange, but let’s say it will improve the early game experience by a lot.
Furthermore, the game will receive an improved anti-cheat reporting tool which is going to help players contribute to better and smoother gameplay. Everyone will be able to report enemies player after they’re taken down. Therefore, cheaters will be reportable through the replay report system with a chance to add more detailed criteria for the Cheating category.
We have jumped into a game to try the new features and changes, and it certainly seems accurate. The game feels a lot smoother, especially at early game. But, it is only the test servers and we’re not sure that they have the same impact as the live ones. We’ll have to confirm the same when the update transports to the live servers.
Cosmetics, oh, cosmetics
Cosmetics are back in the game boys! New crate system with two new crates has been added in the test version. Players will be able to open one of them for free, and the other one will require a key. Test server users will start with 100 000 BP (in-game currency) and 6 Early Bird keys.
Bluehole has stated that their microtransactions items will remain as cosmetic and nothing more. They will never provide a gameplay advantage of any kind.
Furthermore, PUBG will receive new bug fixes and you can find them listed down below:
- Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently
- Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash
- Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed
- Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn’t pass through a door even though it was open
- Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map
- Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing
- Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese