Nvidia has released yet another driver update, and the green team has something good to share with you Battle Royale players. It appears that update 391.01 boosts PUBG’s performance more than enough so rustier gaming rigs could also enjoy the game at a high level.
It is not only PUBG who received all the goodies, because World of Tanks, Final Fantasy and Vermintide 2 have also received a boost when it comes to performance. However, let’s start from one of the most popular video games nowadays, PUBG.
According to LegitReviews and their conclusion, it appeared that this update did boost the performance of some GPU cards up to 5%-7% in PUBG. It is unlikely we receive this kind of update, and we’re enough fortunate and aware that it’s the best could ever happen since it’s not any other game except the most played Battle Royale game.
In addition to these changes, Nvidia Game Ready Driver 391.01 adds further SLI profiles for other games such as PixArk and Agents of Mayhem. You can get the latest update from here, or download it through Nvidia GeForce Experience.
Below you can find the changes in details:
Game Ready – Provides the optimal gaming experience for Final Fantasy XV, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, and World of Tanks 1.0.
- SLI Profile – Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Agents of Mayhem
Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [BeamNG]: Dynamic reflections flicker in the game. 
- [Call of Duty WWII]: Flickering shadows occur in the game. 
- NvfbcPluginWindow prevents Windows from shutting down. 
- Booting from a cold boot results in black screen on a multi-monitor system. 
- [3DVision]: System shutdown time increases when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: The Display->Adjust desktop color settings->Content type setting is reset to “Auto-selected” after rebooting the system. 
- [GeForce GTX 980/1080 Ti]: OpenGL program may crash when trying to map a buffer object. 
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 965M]: Drop in GPU performance occurs. 
- and others
Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [NVIDIA TITAN V][G-Sync]: G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between different overclocked memory clocks multiple times. 
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. 
- [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper-enabled motherboard. 
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Doom]: The game crashes due to the driver reverting to OpenGL 1.1 when HDR is enabled. 
- and others
Additional Open Issues (From this post)
- After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue.
- NieR:Automata randomly freezes with white screen
- Gears of War 4 may randomly crash
- Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows
- Rise of the Tomb Raider displays partial flickering in DX12 mode
- Random TDR while using Firefox on Pascal GPUs
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!