According to Zyxwgh, since Alakazam got removed from Tier 3 Raid Bosses, something went missing. Alakazam used to be perfect as a Tier 3 Raid Boss. He had a high enough Defense to be tight in time to win. It also had high Attack which brought survivability into question. It had many movesets, the easiest one being PC/FB and PC/FS and the hardest one being Co/FB and Co/SB.
Zyxwgh has also made a list on TSR what Pokemon are a good replacement for Alakazam. These Pokemon could make the game better and even more interesting for the dedicated players who want to raid solo, he explains.
- Kingler has a base attack (BA) of 240 and a base defense (BD) of 194. He is really tough to defeat.
- Next in his opinion is Hitmonlee. This Pokemon is with a BA of 224 and BD of 211. Mewtwo or Rayquaza can go solo here.
- Pinsir has a BA of 238 and a BD of 197.
- Jolteon, in the beginning, was unsoloable, but right now it can become easy if you use Groudon, or use a weather-booster generalist. This Pokemon has a BA of 232 and a BD of 201.
- Flareon with its BA of 246 and BD of 204 can be easily defeated with Kyogre or a weather-boosted Golem/Gyarados/Vaporeon.
- Espeon is quite similar to Alakazam. If this Pokemon has psychic moves, you need to use Tyranitar. It has a BA of 261 and a BD of 194.
- Donphan can be soloable with Kyogre and it has a BA of 214 and a BD of 214.
- Gardevoir is the toughest of them all. It will 6 Mewtwo and/or weather boost to beat it. It has a BA of 237 and a BD 220.
- Gorebyss with the BA of 211 and the BD of 194 will be defeated by Raikou.
This could actually give a great “boost” to the game and I can imagine how great this would be for most players. And maybe, just maybe we will see some of these Pokemon in the next “gym shake-up.”
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!