After a lot of critics in a Reddit thread, the blockbuster PUBG, the very best known Battle Royale game, has finally decided to lock regions by prioritizing lower pings while matchmaking. Usually, less populated games suffer longer matchmaking, but PUBG should not have any problems regarding that issue.
Over the past, we have been witnessing various of messages addressed to the developers regarding region lock. Well, still, it is not a region lock, but as we said, lower ping will have an advantage over a higher, so it will rather put him in the queue instead of high ping. Not that only will include a region lock, but will improve the game in terms of balance and fairness.
In a recent article, Bluehole has managed to give a proper forecast regarding current events, including the delayed core updates. As we all know, Bluehole has promised further optimization in their game, for which have not been developed due to unexplained reasons.
As the developer noted, the whole team have been improving the anti-cheat system rather than anything else. It is entirely known that having quality gameplay with no cheaters is much of a value. Therefore, the developers’ focus has been taken away.
Furthermore, Bluehole has noted that a new map is likely to come within the next updates, and will become a third official map available to play on. Erangel and Miramar might have been fun, with a little disappointment among the community regarding Miramar. The map’s pattern just did not fit well into a Battle Royale mode, and we hope that the third map will be by far the best created.
As Bluehole stated:
We do have a lot of exciting things that we want to share with you, including new content to provide more extensive battle royale experiences as well as improvements and modifications to create a deeper and more realistic gameplay. In March, the team will reveal what you can expect from us in the first half of 2018 in terms of our development and new content plans which, by the way, include a new map.
Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is about to become even more significant, and we know it. Even if we’re far away, Brendan Greene has promised that modding will be enabled, so the community can take part in creating their game modes soon. That’s what we all expect to see, but we’re still far away from a fully polished and quality product.
With that being said, the test servers are currently online, offering new optimizations, and Bluehole has published the recent changes. You can find them below:
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client.
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screen
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay file
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting down
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat