It was about time to get the next hero in Overwatch, and as always, Blizzard is right on point when it comes to timing. As you know, Blizzard tends to make a video for every Developer Update, and Brigitte Lindholm has received one as well.
Overwatch’s Game Director Jeff Kaplan has made an excellent Introduction to Brigitte, the daughter of Tobjorn Lindholm. Her role is a support, backing the fellow heroes on the battlefield. Her Origin story which was published before a couple of days, also in a video format, shows that she has been working alongside her father.
After tasting the bitter of battles throughout others, she has finally decided to spend some time in her workshop and create herself a defensive armor. Something she has always been known for.
Blizzard’s official breakdown has discovered Brigitte’s abilities, and you can find them below:
- Rocket Flail – Melee weapon with extended range.
- Rally – Move faster and provide armor to nearby allies.
- Repair Pack – Heal an ally. Any healing over maximum health provides armor instead.
- Whip Shot – Launch your flail forward to knock an enemy away from you.
- Barrier Shield – 600 health.
- When Barrier Shield is deployed – Dash forward and stun enemies.
- Passive – Inspire – Striking enemies with your flail heals nearby allies.
Below you can watch Brigitte’s origin story: