Pokemon Go is hosting a global Pokemon Go Water Festival featuring Water Type Pokemon, bonuses and a rare shiny Shellder.
The very first Pokemon Go Water Festival went live on March 22 last year, featuring Magikarp, Squirtle, Totodile and more Water Type Pokemon with increased spawn rate for a limited time. The event started on March 22 and ended on March 29, and for that event, Pokemon Go players successfully caught 589 million Magikarp.
Great work, Trainers! Collectively, you caught over 589 million Magikarp during the #PokemonGO Water Festival.
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) March 31, 2017
But that was last year, and I really hope that most of you already have a Lapras or shiny Magikarp (spotted in the wild two days after the event started).
This year, Niantic and Pokemon Go are hosting a new Water Festival, starting from June 7 at 1:00 PM until June 21 at 1:00 PM.
Here is everything you need to know:
- Start on June 7 – Ends on June 21;
- Increased Spawn Rate of Water Type Pokemon;
- Rare Shiny Shellder
- 3x Stardust for catching Water Type Pokemon;
- 2km Eggs will hatch new Pokemon;
- Players will earn DBL Candy and Stardust for every Egg hatched;
- Legendary Pokemon Kyogre comes back with its shiny form.
Good luck Trainers!