Dice has released a new update for Star Wars: Battlefront 2, and it is considered as a major one. If you remember, they have promised changes regarding the game’s progression system, and nothing else will give an itchy gameplay advantage. This means that Star Cards are not available to buy, except to earn though gaming and nothing else.
Well, there’s a reason why they had to do this. EA tagged the game as a pay to win since the start, for which a couple of turnarounds happened and now we’re all looking at the same page. Crates no longer include Star Cards, and a daily login and challenges can earn them. While it may sound weak, it surely adds more fun to all the hardcore gamers and improves the gameplay.
Furthermore, the game will add some balance tweaks, and the 2.0 surely highlights some of them, further tweaking the previous updates, thus making the game more reliable and fair. What’s important for players who enjoy taking pictures and making whole poetry out of it, there’s an Ansel support for Nvidia Graphics Cards in Arcade.
As always, the update will auto-download on Origin, without you have to worry about it.
Below you can find all the General and improvement changes alongside the bugfixes. If you wish to see, the full changelog make sure you visit this link.
General Improvements and Bugfixes:
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing in parts of Mos Eisley
- Improved terrain collision on Mos Eisley, to prevent issues with the camera shaking when not intended
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck in the interior of the Hoth base
- Improved collision for structures on Starkiller Base
- Improved collision on Kamino to prevent players from reaching unintended areas
- Improved collision for the cave entrance on Crait
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Naboo
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Endor
- Improved collision on Yavin structures and trees, to prevent the player from getting stuck
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Kashyyyk
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a user to equip Star Cards on a locked slot
- Fixed an issue where the Star Cards were displayed with low opacity after spawning
- Fixed an issue where the user was prevented from joining a group and a server if already in a different group on a different server
- Fixed a front end issue where the yellow “new” marker was incorrectly displayed
- Fixed an issue where the milestone “Heights of Greatness” didn’t track properly
- Fixed an issue where the “Double Your Efforts” challenge was incorrectly translated
- Solved a lighting issue that caused black rocks on Endor
- Solved an issue where the UI elements could start flickering if the player resized the game window
- Fixed an issue where the Aerial units weren’t properly translated
- Misc bugfixes and improved animations for living world creatures on Endor
- Fixed an issue where Heroes were able to enter vehicles after a trooper had exited
- Fixed an issue where the game could get stuck in an unresponsive state if the user performed sign-out and sign-in actions repeatedly
- Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally freeze when navigating to the Collection tab in the front end
- Fixed an issue where loading screens unintentionally caused a high load on some graphics cards
- Fixed an issue where the player would sometimes lose their loadout when continuing a mission in the Campaign
- Resolved various crash issues
- Added Ansel support for Nvidia graphics cards in Arcade
- Added pre-compilation of shaders on DX12 to reduce stutter during gameplay. This can be seen in the loading screens when this process takes place.