Sledgehammer Games has decided to make some changes to Call of Duty: WW2 Divisions system, thus giving players a purpose of enjoying in the game. Many of them sound quite unusual, but some of them may be disturbing in your eyes. Judge no more, let’s see the viable changes down below.
The upcoming changes were announced yesterday within a thread on their official Reddit page, for today to be confirmed by an official video. Greg Reisdorf, Sledgehammer’s Principal Multiplayer Designer, has spoken more regarding the upcoming Overhaul in the following video:
First of all, these changes are based on community’s feedback, which strengthens the relationship between the developer and the players. The new Divisions system is expected to be anticipated by many retired CoD: WW2 players.
Some of the changes fit player’s needs. For instance, the unlimited sprint (despite the fact is slower) is one of the changes that will make the game more dynamic and fun. Sledgehammer’s goal is to add more customizable and balanced gameplay experience for every player, benefitting all player types.
A whole list of the upcoming revamp is now listed on Sledgehammer’s community website. Below you can find all the changes coming to the Divisions system, plus the core game related tweaks. Each Division has at least some reasonable difference which will make you proud of. Knock yourself out and see all the upcoming Call of Duty: WW2 changes below:
- Additional Primary Attachment
- Second Pistol Attachment & swap weapons faster
- While aiming down sights, have less idle sway
- Move faster while aiming
- Fire guns while sprinting & diving
- Reload while sprinting
- Climb over obstacles faster & no damage from falling
- Sprint faster over time
- Take significantly less explosive & fire damage
- Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
- Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
- Greatly reduced flinch when shot
- Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft & controlled streaks
- Killed enemy death locations hidden
- No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
- Silent movement
- Double Lethal + Tactical & enhanced equipment use
- Munitions replenish from killed enemies & over time
- Improved Tacticals & Easier to destroy War buildables
- Equipment damage paints enemies on mini-map
- Mini-map indicator & scrambler of close hostiles
- Enemy movements are easier to hear
- Kills & assists grant Intel Ping of nearby enemies
- Easier to spot targets & increased mini-map coverage
Loadout Selection Changes:
- LMG Bipod and Sniper Sharpshooter are automatically available when using an LMG or Sniper
- Remaining Division Skills (weapon class attachments) are selectable in CAC (and no longer given by division)
- Each Division has a 4th perk and their levels have been adjusted & rebalanced
- All players have unlimited sprint & sprint speed is slightly slower
- 3 Primary Attachments for all loadouts
- One piece of both Lethal & Tactical equipment for all loadouts
- Launchers can be equipped for all loadouts
- The Rifle Grenade is an available attachment for all rifles
- The Suppressor is an available attachment for all pistols
- The Pistol Suppressor has a 15% range reduction vs. the SMG Suppressor’s 30% range reduction
- The following Basic Trainings are cut & no longer selectable: Primed & Bang
- Prestige tokens spent on these are refunded & associated challenges are auto-completed
- The following Basic Trainings are newly added: Blitzkrieg & Clandestine
- Blitzkrieg: “Streaks are earned by Kills (instead of Score). Bonus: Streaks are improved & select a 4th Streak.”
- Clandestine: “Slain enemies drop Intel Packs that reveal nearby hostiles. Bonus: Intel ping at the start of each life.”
- Moved “Second pistol attachment & swap weapons faster” to Infantry to align with its marksmanship focus
- Filled gap in Resistance with “Enemy movements are easier to hear” to align with its counter-intelligence focus
Weapon/Mechanic Tuning Changes:
- Global sprint speed reduced (to account for Unlimited Sprint)
- 1.3x instead of previously 1.4x
- Reduced Launcher effectiveness against players
- Panzerschreck nerfed damage & projectile speed
- Bazooka buffed radius, buffed projectile speed & nerfed damage
- Bazooka should more reliably give hitmarkers than before & increased projectile speed should make it better than Panzer against streaks.
- Frag & Sticky grenade max damage nerfed
- ~10% max damage reduction to account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical and address existing complaints of grenade spam
- Shellshock & Earthquake effects from Lethal Equipment significantly reduced
- Reduced effect radius and duration to address existing complaints and account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical
- Tactical Equipment strength adjusted
- All tacticals without Expeditionary III got a small nerf
- Smoke lasts 10 seconds (previously: 14 seconds; Expeditionary III: 14 seconds)
- Signal Flare lasts 3.5 seconds (previously: 5 seconds; Expeditionary III: 5.5 seconds)
- Stun effects last between 1.75-3.5 seconds (previously: 2-4 seconds; Expeditionary III: 2.5-4.25 seconds)
- Tabun Gas deals 1 dmg every 1 second 5 times (previously: 10 dmg every 1 second 5 times; Expeditionary III: 5 dmg every 0.625 seconds 8 times)
- The following Basic Trainings have had their benefits changed:
- Energetic: Adds “Increased sprint speed”. Removes “Sprint again sooner”
- Forage: Adds “Resupply bullets over time”. Adds “Extra magazines”. “Removes “Swap weapons faster”.
- Ordnance: Adds “Killed enemies drop Streak packs that fill your meter”. Removes “Re-roll your own care packages”.
- Launched: Adds “Additional launcher ammunition”. Removes “Only way to take a Launcher”.
- Concussed: Adds “Take two pieces of Lethal & Tactical equipment”. Removes “presetting what the equipment is”.
- Instincts: Adds “Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment”. Esports-only change to remove “warning when targeted off-screen” benefit (with the intention for this BT to be unbanned by MLG and used in competitive to counter Tacticals).
- Incendiary Shells attachment buffed
- Gives Additional Shells (7 for Combat Shotgun; 8 for all other shotguns)
- Range reduction of Shells buffed to -10% from -15%
- Sped up loading of shells for Combat Shotgun
- M30 Rifle Bullet ammo buffed
- Gives Additional Bullets (8 bullets instead of previous 6)
- LMG Bipod Buffed
- Increased fire rate while mounted (+9% which is equal to Rapid Fire attachment for LMGs [which stacks])
- Firing while mounted initially draws ammo from reserve then once exhausted draws from current clip (removing the need to reload).
- Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed
- Hold breath increased to 10 seconds from 4 seconds. Promotes using snipers the “proper” way rather than quickscoping.
- Buffed “Take Significantly less fire & explosive damage” from Armored
- 80% reduction from fire & explosive damage (previously was 65% reduction)
- “Reduced idle sway” from Infantry III & Scoped now affects snipers
- 30% reduction for Snipers; vs. all other weapon classes’ 65% reduction
- This does stack with Ballistic Calibration attachment
- Buffed “Move faster while aiming” from Infantry IV & Scoped
- Maintained separation between weapon classes (Sniper < LMG < Rifle < SMG < Pistol / Shotgun)
- LMGs mostly got their ADS firing speed buffed since that was previously very slow even with Infantry IV
- Snipers got a smaller buff than other weapon classes since it isn’t beneficial to move too fast
- Pistols & Shotguns already equaled non-ads speed with Infantry IV so they were not adjusted
The changes will go live on April 10.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!