Let’s put aside all the controversial discussions between Fortnite and PUBG because they become quite tedious lately. Let’s focus on PUBG and avoid the comparison for once. That being said, let’s jump to the recently announced addition coming to PUBG, which is a players’ ability to spectate their killers.
This ability will come available within a new update and will allow players to observe not only those who have taken them out of the game but also the killer of the killer if he appears to be killed by someone else in the meantime. This will allow you to stay in the current match as long as you want. All you need to do is hit the “watch” button after your death.
As a new feature, it is undoubtedly expected to improve the way of finding and reporting hackers in the game, especially those who are careful of being caught. This new feature will be introduced with the version 1.0 update #9, which will first appear on the PC platform.
Below you can find more details about how the Spectate Killer will work:
- Players can now spectate their killer by clicking the “watch” button on their match result screen
- Solo killer spectating
- If you get killed by the Blue Zone, the Red Zone or from falling, you can spectate the nearest player from your death location
- When the player you were spectating dies, you can continue spectating the killer of that player
- If the player you were spectating gets disconnected, you can continue spectating their killer
- Duo / Squad killer spectating
- Same as above but can only spectate the enemy team after all your team members are dead
- You can report a player you are spectating in Killer Spectate mode by pressing R
- If you click Death Cam, you won’t be able to use the Killer Spectate mode
The whole community gladly awaits the changes to become available on the Live servers, but they also need something else. If you take a closer look at every discussion related article created by Bluehole, many players are asking Bluehole to add a map selection option to PUBG.
Well, because we’ll soon have a third map coming to PUBG, plus the significant amount of players it has, it is nothing strange to receive this type of option very soon. Letting players decide would be the best choice by nature, but first, it will be quite familiar to welcome the new map and the Spectate feature, and then maybe get a map cycle by players’ choice.