Radical Heights is a new Battle Royale Game which has been positively escorted by lots of players. The game offers cool mechanics to begin with, and being in an X-TREME Early Access does not stop the developer at all. Well, after discovering a couple of issues, Boss Key Studios had nothing else to do but release a first significant update. Hence, it has finally come.
The First Patch in its timeline is supposed to be good and fix numerous types of issues, so Boss Key Studios have tried removing multiple bugs and issues, while also increasing the FPS by far. Furthermore, the developer has decided to allow Bike Tricks to become a thing of Radical Heights, so abilities to perform multiple tricks are now available.
Despite the performance improvement as one of the most notable patch change, there have been some fixes regarding gameplay. One of them is the corresponding armor color reflects its tier correctly.
Like any other game, Radical Heights did not miss the chance to add more cosmetics to the game. The game has received new dresses so players can further optimize the look of their character. If you firmly remember, there was a FAL weapon on the main menu screen with an explanation that is coming to the game. Well, this patch brings the gun into the play.
One thing’s amusing, and that is the avoidance of the green flickering when played on full screen. The developers have managed to avoid fixing that issue, regardless of the significant amount of performance improvements the patch brings. Below you can find the detailed list with changes.
- Performance improvements across the board!
- Players should see a good increase in FPS.
- South American Servers added!
- End Of Match Screen updates
- Now displays kills
- Layout changed to be able to view the action while End Of Match screen is active
- Additional anti-cheat measures implemented.
- Invisible collision, missing collision, floating building/fences etc fixed around the world.
- Improved loot drops throughout the world
- Various Inventory fixes
- Improvements to game show event announcer VO.
- Various audio fixes for death and end of match.
- Audio tuning to increase important sounds (footsteps), and lower others (announcer).
- You can now press escape to get out of the inventory and map!
- Fixed Showcase Shootout locations where contestants couldn’t easily reach each other.
- Fixed Gameshow events spawning in inaccessible locations (Spin To Win in rocks or houses for examples).
- You can now rebind “Cycle Next Weapon” and “Cycle Previous Weapon”
- Equip button now works on the recently discovered and featured tab.
- Chinese and Japanese localization is now working properly (although still missing some localized text).
- Fixed for various locations where loot was spawning in the ground.
- New kill card customization options added for borders, backgrounds, and icons!
- New cosmetics added to the world and prize room, find them in game to unlock their in-game cash prices!
- Duo partners now win together!
- Dead teammates will not receive the double cash bonus for winning.
- Fixed bug where you would go to down state even when your duo partner is already down.
- Fixed bug where only the final killer in a duo would see victory celebration.
- Players who exit the game now drop their loot and cash.
- Fixed bug where you could shoot from down state.
There was a large amount of changes done to the BMX Bikes for Patch 1. They will spin out of control less when riding normally, and we added in additional features to allow players to perform backflip as well as additional air controls. This now means players will also get knocked off the bike if they land on their head! We’re still tuning and tweaking the BMX, and we will continue to do so until we are happy with it!
BMX bikes should spin out of control less frequently.
- You now have air control on bikes and can do back flips and spins (or just go for that perfect landing).
- If you mess up on the BMX and land on your face, you’ll get knocked off of the bike now.
- Armor is now correctly colored to reflect its tier.
- Fixed bug that caused certain weapons to never roll gold tier – impacts python, m16, ak74u, m14, and m12.
- Fixed bug with damage falloff causing close range damage to be reduced, mostly impacts pistols.
- Fixed bug where dancing would unload your weapon.
- Fixed bug where ammo in your clip sometimes wouldn’t drop on death.
- Fixed zipline and trampoline stuttering/lag.
- Fixed bug where you could get stuck in OTS camera.
- You can now dive through large glass windows!
- Fixed ragdolls playing footstep sounds.
- Added a quick melee option, no more switching to fists to bash cash registers!
- You may need to reset your key binding to default to get this to work properly!
- Fixed issues with Spin to Win machines clipping into rocks and buildings.
- Improved the interact detection for activating Spin to Win machines.
- Added logic so Spin to Win machines won’t spawn right next to one another.
- Fixed bug where some Token Arcade burgers could not be picked up.
- New weapon: FAL Rifle
- Noisemaker: improved randomization for maximal fakeouts.
- All pistols increased range.
- Level 2 armor protection increased.
- Level 4 armor protection increased.
- Aug reduced damage.
- RX reduced throw speed.
- Frag reduced throw speed.
- Smoke reduced throw speed.
- Uzi vending cost increased
- Python vending cost increased
- Level 1 armor vending cost increased
- Python damage increaed
- Rockets damage increased
- RX damage increased
- Armor models now visually lay on top of Puffy Vest cosmetic items.