After their recent failure, Microsoft and Rare haven’t given up on their adventure game Sea of Thieves. The Open World in Sea of Thieves has been enriched thanks to the 1.0.5 update. The patch weighs about 1.3GB, and according to the developers, they have fixed multiple known issues.
The update is already available to download on both Windows 10 and Xbox One consoles. The update fixes the Skeleton Fort fail spawns, and now they spawn correctly. Furthermore, it also repairs the visual bug of ships flying in the air when sinking.
Now, the most important update is probably the client-server crash fixes for which Rare have claimed they shall no longer be a reason for frustration among players. After multiple critics, Microsoft and Rare have thrown all their skills and dedication to fixing their product. However, the lack of content remains as one of the core issues.
Those looking for fun and found playing songs quite entertaining can now enjoy playing different songs each consecutive time.
You can find the 1.0.5 patch notes down below:
New Message from Beyond – The Ferryman was unhappy with the text that had been written describing how to ‘Scuttle’ a ship, so he made them write a better version – and then walk the plank.
Reload! – Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.
Play the next song! – Players will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row.
UI Improvements – Images in the Vanity & Clothing Chests now load gracefully when browsing. In addition all UI screens now fade in when opened – Fancy!
- Resolved issues where Skeleton Fort or Bounty Quest Skeletons failed to spawn correctly.
- We have been resolving these spawning issues across the last 2 updates (1.0.3, 1.0.4), however with this update (1.0.5) we have now resolved all known reported spawning issues. If you find any
- further problem islands, please log a Support Ticket noting the island and we will investigate further.
- Players will no longer be stuck with a single weapon slot and players weapon choice will now also persist across sessions.
- Players who were experiencing the Single Weapon Slot issue will now be resolved as soon as they load into game. No more early visits to the Ferryman required!
- Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking.
- In loving memory of the sky ships. This was our favourite!
- [PC] Push to talk option will no longer reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
- “You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy” achievement can now be unlocked.
- Kraken is no longer able to spawn around rocks.
- Kraken tentacle should always be visible when holding a player.
- Pocket watch should no longer display as closed when being shown to another player.
- Skeletons and animals should no longer despawn when players climb in and out of the cannon.
- Rogue Sea Dog Trousers and Royal Sovereign Trousers should now unlock when the requirements are met.
- Lore Item descriptions are now localised.
- Reduced popping of UI in Quick Menu.
- It is no longer possible to clip through the ship when jumping on the Banana Barrel.
- Wrong company icon is no longer incorrectly displayed for a split second if user is trying to get XP from 2 different companies.
- It is no longer possible to drop behind the bar and get stuck in the Pirate Hideout.
- Updates to incorrect NPC dialogue lines.
- Getting into a cannon then getting back out should no longer skip the Tutorial.
- Players just outside the inky murk will now hear Kraken fight audio when it attacks other ships.
- Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX.
- Resolved issue where Gunpowder kegs could spawn outside of player reach.
- Fixed a potential client deadlock when encountering a networking error.
- Multiple server crash fixes.
- Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
- Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
- Players may encounter a grey screen when launching the game.
- Some players have found that following this guide and/or this Support Article resolves this issue.
- Players are experiencing delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
- We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to re-award these achievements and commendations back to players.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!