One of the most frequently asked questions is what is the best Pokemon to use as an attacker in Pokemon Go? What is the best defender in the game, and what moves should I use? For this matter, I’ve decided to “dig deeper” and get the right info.
In this post, I will list the Pokemon from Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 that are important in Pokemon Go, what are the best attackers and best defenders in the game. They are of every type that exists, and I hope that it will be helpful for you.
Most useful Attackers including their best moves
- Machamp – K. Chop/Counter Dynamic Punch
- Raikou – Thundershock/Wild Charge
- Latios – Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
- Mewtwo – Psycho/Confusion Focus Blast or Shadow Ball
- Tyranitar – Bite Crunch/Stone Edge
- Kyogre – Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Salamance – Dragon Tail/Draco Meteor
- Rayquaza – Dragon Tail/Air Slash – Outrage/Air Ace
- Dragonite – Dragon Breath/Dragon Tail Outrage
Most Effective Defenders and their moves
- Blissey – Zen Headbutt/Pound Dazzling Gleam – Zen Headbutt/Psychic
- Snorlax – Zen Headbutt Body Slam/Heavy Slam
- Chansey – Zen Headbutt/Dazzling Gleam
- Milotic – Dragon Tail Surf/Blizzard
- Gardevoir – Confusion/Dazzling Gleam
- Slaking – Yawn/Play Rough
For last, a Pokemon Go player from South America, Peru, called ControvT has created a very helpful chart of the most useful Pokemon in Pokemon Go, including best attackers by type and you can find it here.