The Japanese video game developer and publisher is breaking records once again with a multi-million selling game franchises, and this time their latest game reached the top after four months of its release.
Monster Hunter: World was released worldwide on January 26, on PS4 and Xbox One, and since then, the game sold over 8 million copies, making it the best selling title in Capcom’s history.
Capcom’s best selling titles
Here is a list of Capcom’s top 10 best selling titles throughout history:
- Monster Hunter: World – 7.9 million
- Resident Evil 5 – 7.5 million
- Resident Evil 6 – 7.1 million
- Street Fighter II – 6.3 million
- Resident Evil 7: biohazard – 5.1 million
- Resident Evil 2 – 4.96 million
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 – 4.9 million
- Monster Hunter Generations – 4.3 million
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 4.2 million
- Monster Hunter 4 – 4.1 million
In other news, Capcom is planning to release two new major titles until the end of March, 2019, and we hope to hear more about it during E3 2018.