Pokemon Go Fest 2018: A Walk in the Park event returns to Chicago in July for a limited time with a whole new adventure for the players.
This year’s Pokemon Go Fest will be held in the city’s Lincoln Park for two days, starting on July 14 and ending on July 15. There a lot of details to look over, so I’ve made a list of what’s the most important to know about this year’s PoGo Fest, and if something is missing on this list, feel free to write a comment and I will make sure to update it.
What you need to know about Pokemon Go Fest 2018
- The event will start on July 14 and will end next day on July 15;
- This is a single-day experience, so participants can only attend ONE of the two days;
- Tickets are $20/day/person – SOLD OUT;
- One person can buy up to 6 tickets at once and must register with a username and shipping address after purchase;
- Reselling the tickets is illegal in Illinois and this could get you ‘banned’ from the event;
- Single-day tickets go on sale on May 11 at 9:00 AM PDT and you can get them here; – SOLD OUT
- The ticket gives you access to a 1.8-mile walking course. A lot of Pokemon will spawn along this path, so stock on PokeBalls and get ready!
- Last year tickets sold out in less than 10 minutes, so be fast;
- We still wait for travel expenses reimburse link by Niantic, so I will track this one;
- Unown and Torkoal event is rumored (see the image below). If you remember last year they spelled “Chicago” via unowns, I wonder what the word will be this year? That’s a B, so C E L E B I maybe?;
- Team Lounges will be there;
- Pokemon Go’s most famous YouTubers to meet and greet attendants (they might even host an event). Oh, and if you want to take a selfie or have a word or two, have in mind that the line is going to be long, pretty much like last year;
- New Special Research confirmed (possible Celebi);
- All Trainers will be able to celebrate Pokemon Go Fest 2018 in a unique way all over the world. A new event will go live worldwide and everyone can participate. More details to follow – announced by Niantic.
You’re all set now, so don’t forget to get your tickets and see you there!