Bluehole has announced the new event mode, and it is a resemblance of the previous War Mode, with a slightly different name, War Mode: Desert Knights. It will concede 10 five-man squads, battling out on Miramar. The rest of the game mode’s mechanics are very similar to the previous War Mode, including the way of spawning.
Judging by the previous War Mode event mode, it was one of the most played events ever hosted. Therefore, we honestly expect this event to be overloaded as well, leading to a creation of a real war zone in a random area on Miramar.
Below is info about the schedule and rules:
- STARTS: May 3, 7pm PST / May 4, 4am CEST / May 4, 11am KST
- ENDS: May 6, 7pm PST / May 7, 4am CEST / May 7, 11am KST
- 5-Man Squads on Miramar (All Regions)
- NA/EU/AS/SEA/OC/SA: TPP & FPP
- KR/JP: TPP
WAR MODE RULES
- All players are grouped up in teams of five. Each game will have a maximum of 50 players (up to ten full teams).
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the safe zone is visible on the map.
- The safe zone is small—but slightly larger than the previous iteration of War Mode—and never closes in or changes location throughout the duration of the game.
- Getting kills and knocks (when your opponent is “down but not out”) earns points for your team. The first team to get 200 points wins.
- Kill: +3 points
- Knocks: +1 point
- Own Team Kill / Own Team Knock: -5 points
- If no team reaches 200 points before the 15-minute time limit, the team with the highest score will be declared the winner.
- Each time you’re killed, you’ll respawn in planes that fly by every 40 seconds.
LOADOUTS, LOOT, AND CARE PACKAGES
This time around, players spawn with top-tier equipment that’s normally found only in care packages. This includes:
- One random care package weapon (AWM, M24, Mk14, M249, Groza, or AUG)
- A level three vest
- A level three helmet
- Two grenades
OTHER EVENT RULES
- Weather is locked at sunset.
- Bleedout damage when knocked is increased.
- Reviving knocked teammates takes only two seconds.
- You can invite up to four players from your friends list to your party before
- jumping into game. Any remaining open team slots will be filled by the auto-
- matching system.
- Care package drops are disabled.
- Killer spectating is disabled.
- Redzone is disabled.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!