Starting today, May 1, until May 14, Pokemon Go players will receive 2x bonus XP for Gym Battles and Raid Battles. In addition, Raid Battles will also award 3,000 Stardust for participating and at least one Rare Candy, but only if a player wins.
As announced on the official Pokemon Go website, Fighting-Type Pokemon will be increased spawn rate, players will receive 2x bonus XP, extra Stardust, Rare Candy, more bonuses and more items until May 14.
- Increased spawn rate of Fighting Type Pokemon in the wild
- 2x XP bonus for Gym Battles and Raid Battles
- 3,000 Stardust and a minimum of 1 rare candy for participating in a Raid Battle (only if a player wins)
- 2x Gym badge XP multiplier
- Gym’s PokeStops reward more items
- Tyrogue hatching from Eggs more often
- The event runs from 1 PM (PDT) on May 1 until 1 PM (PDT) on May 14, 2018.
Here is the official announcement:
It’s time to test the strength of your Pokémon during a special battle event! Fighting-type Pokémon, such as Machop and Makuhita, will appear more frequently in the wild starting May 1 at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
But what’s a battle celebration without some competition at your nearby Gym? Until May 14, you’ll receive 2× bonus XP for Gym Battles and Raid Battles. Plus, Raid Battles will also award a guaranteed 3,000 Stardust for participating—and at least one Rare Candy if you win!
Several actions at Gyms will yield bonuses, including a 2× Badge multiplier, so you can receive even more benefits at a Gym you visit frequently. Just stopping by? Spinning the Photo Disc at Gyms will also yield more items!
Our Battle Showdown is sure to pack a punch, so don’t miss it!”
For last, there are rumors that we might even get Shiny Machop or Makuhita.
Update: Shiny Makuhita confirmed.
— Chris Jones (@jonezy) May 1, 2018