Rare is on fire as they are sliding in two continuous updates that are worthy to Sea of Thieves. Similar to the previous one, this new update will bring gameplay changes and also UI changes as well. New Skeletal enemies will appear that are ready to demolish any player with their Powder Kegs. That’s all a big thanks to the Bilge Rat adventure, which everyone looks forward to.
Furthermore, the game will enhance the crew meetings and will contribute to more accurate and immersive battles. According to Rare, this update will also give the players to earn special commendations while the event is still active. The event will be gone on July 10, thus the day when the commendations will become unavailable.
Overall, it’s a fresh update, and we genuinely believe the game will start heading the right way just as in its previous patch. Gunpowder Skeletons, Doubloon rewards, Commendations, titles, and has everything a player would ever wish about. Therefore, we salute Rare’s move for following player’s choice since this update is based on player’s feedback.
For those who want to deeply involve themselves in the patch notes, they can do it so by looking below:
- Gunpowder Skeletons Event – Carrying a gunpowder keg, skeletons can now rush towards you, light their fuse and… BOOM, off to the Ferry you go! The Bilge Rats are challenging all brave pirates to defeat them in various ways, some less conventional than others! Keep an ear perked for a burning fuse, and a finger on the trigger… good luck!
- Explosive Force – When detonated, gunpowder kegs now have the force to rock and push ships.
- Fuses – When holding a gunpowder keg, players can now light a five-second fuse by pressing the primary action button (Right Trigger on controller or left click on mouse).
- Bilge Rat Doubloons – Each Gunpowder Skeleton Commendation on the progress screen details the number of Bilge Rat Doubloons it rewards. Players have until the 10th of July to complete the Commendations and earn up to 150 Bilge Rat Doubloons.
- Bilge Rat Cosmetics – The Bone Crusher Sword, Pistol, Blunderbuss and Eye of Reach, priced at 15 Doubloons per item, are available until the 10th of July.
- Letters of Recommendation – Letters of Recommendation now grant a full level in the chosen Trading Company. Opting to spend your hard-earned Doubloons on reputation with the Trading Companies? This just got better!
- Bilge Rat Titles – Completing the Gunpowder Skeletons Commendations will unlock two new Pirate Titles. These titles will unlock straight into your Vanity Chest for maximum bragging rights.
- Legendary Commendations – Legendary Commendation to earn an additional 50 Doubloons!