Despite the already known issues being deployed, one will remain intact, and that is World of Warcraft: Legion’s issue. However, Nvidia has proven to be working on the SLI technology as usual, and the already reported problems during the previous update have been addressed.
As expected, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 received an updated SLI profile while Hitman PRO on DirectX 12 will no longer crash if HDR is turned ON. As of Call of Duty: WWII, the center Surround is no longer blank during gameplay.
This update works on bringing improved gaming experience on HDR-capable G-Sync Displays, as well as optimal gameplay for Vampyr and Jurassic World Evolution. 398.11 is available to download through GeForce Experience or from the official Nvidia Download page. For detailed patch notes see the list below:
- Game Ready – Provides the optimal gaming experience for Vampyr and Jurassic World Evolution.
- New Features – Ensures the best possible gaming experience on HDR-capable G-SYNC displays.
- SLI Profile – Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [SLI][Hitman Pro: DirectX 12]: With SLI mode enabled, the game crashes if in-game HDR is ON and Windows HDR setting is OFF at lower resolutions. 
- [Call of Duty: WWII][Surround]: With Surround enabled, the center Surround display is blank during gameplay. 
- and others
Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 1080][G-SYNC][World of Warcraft: Legion][HDR]: Severe color corruption appears in the game after launching with the Windows HDR setting enabled. 
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 1060]: The external HDMI display blinks when playing a video from the Netflix Edge Browser or Blu-ray video in full-screen mode with Windows HDR enabled. 
- [Surround SLI][G-Sync][Overwatch]: There is constant flickering in the game when played in a specific SLI Surround configuration (2 displays on master GPU and 1 display on slave GPU) with G-Sync mode enabled. 
- [Shadow Warrior 2][TITAN V]: After launching the game with Windows HDR setting enabled, there is flickering corruption when hovering the mouse over the game screen. 
- The issue does not occur with Windows HDR setting disabled.
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. 
- The issue does not occur when playing the Netflix video in a Chrome browser.
- [NVIDIA Control Panel][Surround]: NVIDIA Surround hot keys do not work. 
- Random DPC watchdog violation errors occur when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. 
- With HDR turned on, non HDR full-screen video playback may cause corruption/ flicker in the video. 
- To avoid this scenario, disable Windows HDR setting before launching the video.
- and others
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!