Things are getting interesting Trainers, as rumors started to spread that Niantic is preparing to ‘launch’ new event in August, introducing Gen 4 Pokemon to Pokemon Go for the first time.
This is just a tease and a hint, 0% confirmed and 0% a leak!
I don’t know if you remember, but a year ago, a Pokemon Go player aka HiddenLeaker on Reddit, leaked the Water Festival event, and the same guy is back again with another hint, saying that a new event is coming next week, the Evolution event. Have in mind that the GM file it’s not showing anything related to this, yet.
Now, here is what HiddenLeaker wrote on TSR:
A new event is coming next week, the “Evolution Event”. It includes:
- Gen 4 evolutions of previous Gen pokemon (it’s mentioned Magmortar, Electivire and Rhyperior specifically) (note: this looks like the first wave of Gen 4, just like babies were in Gen 2 and Halloween in Gen 3)
- New evolution items, including elemental stones
- Double XP for evolving and spinning pokestops
- Pokemon max storage increased to 2000
- Increased rate of evolution items from pokestops
- Increased spawn rate of evolved pokemon
- New quests that reward evolution items
- Gen 3 evolutions finally released in the wild (except Milotic)
- New raids with previous evolution item pokemon (it’s mentioned Scizor as an example)
- New shop boxes with lucky eggs and raid passes
- We will get a new update before the event.
HiddenLeaker leaked three events so far with 100% accuracy:
For last, his findings explain the increase in Gen 4 base forms (Magmar, Magnetron, Electabuzz, Kirlia) in the wild, research rewards and Raids.
So get ready Trainers, HYPE could be real!