All roads lead to Gen 4 in Pokemon Go and the community is excited to finally ‘meet’ the new round of Pokemon. The new Gen might be released in stages, pretty much the same as Gen 3 and we expect to see the first Gen 4 Pokemon, most probably the starters, during the PoGo Fest 2018 (this weekend).
The second Pokemon Go Fest is going live on July 14-15, 2018 in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, and it looks like this is the perfect event for Niantic to introduce the Gen 4 starters, Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup and their evolutions.
The second round of Gen 4 Pokemon, will most probably go live during August’s Community Day and during the two days, Pokemon Go players might see Eevee’s Gen 4 evolutions – Glaceon and Leafeon.
I expect to see the third round to go live in October during the Halloween event. This would be the perfect timing for Niantic to release the Gen 4 Ghost Types and most likely their shiny forms.
Here is the list of Gen 4 Ghost Type Pokemon:
- Misdreavus > Mismagius (50 candies);
- Dusclops > Dusknoir (100 candies);
- Snorunt > Froslass (50 candies);
- Drifloon and Drifblim (New Pokemon) – the Pokemon with the X on its mouth;
- Spiritomb (New Pokemon) – One of its kind, formed by 108 spirits.
The fourth wave is the love wave! I could see this happening in February 2019, coincide with the third Valentine’s Day event. Bring on the pink Pokemon!
- Cherubi – The cherry-like Pokemon that evolves into Cherrim;
- Happiny – This would be a tricky Pokemon. This Pokemon can evolve into Chansey, but only with an Oval Stone and only when its daytime. Niantic might release a new item for this Pokemon;
- Lickilicky – Evolves from Lickitung (50 candies) – Just a dex Pokemon;
- Mesprit – Legendary Pokemon, the bringer of emotion, member of the lake guardians.
Just like Gen 3, I expect to see different events throughout the year, each time with a release of new Gen 4 Pokemon and their shiny forms – Rock Type event, Fire Type event, Water Type event etc.
The PoGo Fest 2018 starts tomorrow, so let’s just wait and see how it would work.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!