All roads lead to Gen 4 in Pokemon Go and the community is excited to finally ‘meet’ the new round of Pokemon. The new Gen might be released in stages, pretty much the same as Gen 3 and we expect to see the first Gen 4 Pokemon, most probably the starters, during the PoGo Fest 2018 (this weekend).
The second Pokemon Go Fest is going live on July 14-15, 2018 in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, and it looks like this is the perfect event for Niantic to introduce the Gen 4 starters, Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup and their evolutions.
The second round of Gen 4 Pokemon, will most probably go live during August’s Community Day and during the two days, Pokemon Go players might see Eevee’s Gen 4 evolutions – Glaceon and Leafeon.
I expect to see the third round to go live in October during the Halloween event. This would be the perfect timing for Niantic to release the Gen 4 Ghost Types and most likely their shiny forms.
Here is the list of Gen 4 Ghost Type Pokemon:
- Misdreavus > Mismagius (50 candies);
- Dusclops > Dusknoir (100 candies);
- Snorunt > Froslass (50 candies);
- Drifloon and Drifblim (New Pokemon) – the Pokemon with the X on its mouth;
- Spiritomb (New Pokemon) – One of its kind, formed by 108 spirits.
The fourth wave is the love wave! I could see this happening in February 2019, coincide with the third Valentine’s Day event. Bring on the pink Pokemon!
- Cherubi – The cherry-like Pokemon that evolves into Cherrim;
- Happiny – This would be a tricky Pokemon. This Pokemon can evolve into Chansey, but only with an Oval Stone and only when its daytime. Niantic might release a new item for this Pokemon;
- Lickilicky – Evolves from Lickitung (50 candies) – Just a dex Pokemon;
- Mesprit – Legendary Pokemon, the bringer of emotion, member of the lake guardians.
Just like Gen 3, I expect to see different events throughout the year, each time with a release of new Gen 4 Pokemon and their shiny forms – Rock Type event, Fire Type event, Water Type event etc.
The PoGo Fest 2018 starts tomorrow, so let’s just wait and see how it would work.