No Man’s Sky was finally saved by Hello Games. This time it has a wave of freshness, a true risk in a world in which something new to play arrives every hour. The latest patch that was delivered, 1.58, has some bug fixes and new visual tweaks.
So without further ado, here is the list of changes.
- Added user permissions for multiplayer, on a per-save slot basis. Settings for visibility, damage + base editing can be customized to apply to all players, friends only, or no-one.
- Improved the terrain edit saving system, reducing the chance of terrain regenerating. Further improvements to this system are in progress.
- Improved the visuals of player starship trails.
- Added archaeology missions to the available pool of missions from planetary NPCs.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players with very large save games from saving.
- Fixed a number of issues that prevented save games from loading.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly synced information in multiplayer.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause mission markers to be attached to the wrong destination.
- Fixed a number of issues around the refiner and general inventory systems. Improved the pick and drop system of inventory management.
- Fixed an issue that caused visual glitches in clouds at higher resolutions.
- Fixed occasional crash in geometry streaming when exiting planet atmosphere.
- Fixed issue where cloud shadows would interfere with reflection rendering.
- Improved consistency between tessellated and non-tessellated terrains.
- Improved performance when leaving planets.
- Various memory savings, improving overall stability.
- Various performance optimizations.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from going through black holes.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to warp and get stuck on the other side of a portal.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to enter their freighter base when it was not loaded in memory.
- Fixed an issue where players could start their game in inappropriate systems when starting in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vast numbers of Sentinel Drones to spawn.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players with pre-NEXT saves from fully upgrading their Exosuit.
- Fixed an issue where freighter crew would change race on warp.
- Fixed an issue where player ships could spawn on the same landing pad in multiplayer.
- Fixed a number of cases where freighter battles were not correctly synced in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to land on other player’s freighters.
- Fixed a number of issues affecting the interaction with captains of freighters not owned by the player.
- Fixed an issue that caused expedition length, difficulty and rewards to scale incorrectly relative to the power of the player’s fleet.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to exit their ships / exocraft while tagging a marker.
- Fixed an issue where ships landed on freighters to be labeled ON PLANET.
- Fixed an issue that caused player ships to have incorrect information when viewed through the Analysis Visor.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Sentinels to appear as undiscovered creatures when viewed through the Analysis Visor.
- Fixed the axes used to calculate planet coordinates shown on the Analysis Visor.
- Prevented players with freighters from warping other players in multiplayer to systems they would get stuck in.
- Fixed an issue where the freighter dock lights were not correctly lit/unlit when a save was loaded on a freighter.
- Various text fixes.
No Man’s Sky is out now for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!