Pokemon Go Community Day event is something we’re going to be a part of every month in 2018 and within a time period of three-hours, Trainers around the world will have a chance to earn more XP, Stardust, and catch a special Pokemon with an exclusive move.
During the 3-hour event, players can catch the shiny version of that specific Pokemon (including evolutions), and Niantic released more than 100 shiny Pokemon. Each month players can catch different Pokemon and their shiny forms, which makes the game more fun to play.
But let’s go back to the topic and see the complete list of Community Day events in 2018.
- The first Community Day event went live on January 20, with players having a chance to catch special Pokemon Pikachu who can learn Surf as an exclusive move. In addition, during this three-hour window, players got a chance to earn x2 XP and Lures got activated for 3h.
- The second Community Day event went live on February 24, and this time, Pokemon Go players had 3h to catch Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite and their shiny form – as the “Special Pokemon” and earn 3x Catch Stardust.
- Community Day #3 went live on March 25, with Bulbasaur as the special Pokemon, shiny forms, a special move, x3 catch XP and 3h Lures.
- April’s Community Day event went live on the 15th and we had Mareep as the special Pokemon, its shiny form, 1/4 Egg Hatch distance, Dragon Pulse as a special move and the usual 3-hour Lures.
- Community Day #5 went live on May 19, featuring Charmander as the next special Pokemon, x3 Catch Stardust, 3-hour lures and a new special move.
- On June 16 we had a chance to catch Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, their shiny forms, earn 3x catch XP and 3h lures.
- July’s special Pokemon was Squirtle and its evolution. During the 7th in a row CD event on July 8, players around the world caught Squirtle and its evolutions, their shiny forms 1/4 Egg Hatch distance and 2-hour Lures as a bonus. As a surprise, Niantic released Squirtle with sunglasses.
- The next, eight in a row Community Day, started on August 11 and ended the next day, on August 12 featuring Eevee as the Special Pokemon. For a total of 6 hours, players had a chance to catch Eevee, Eeveelutions, shiny forms, earn 3x catch Stardust and 3-hour lures.
- September 22 brought Chikorita and its evolutions, new shinies, 3-hour lures and 3x catch XP.
- October’s Community Day event will go live on the 21st featuring Beldum as the Special Pokemon.
- November’s date has been confirmed, and on the 10th, players will see new Special Pokemon, new shiny forms and earn new bonuses.