Generation 4 is right around the corner and the new Pokemon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region will have a huge impact on the metagame, bringing a lot of new powerful Pokemon. Many Pokemon Go players want to know how useful will the newly Gen 4 evolutions be in the meta, so I’ve decided to dig a little bit deeper and share the ‘gold’ with you.
There are 22 Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 Pokemon that have an evolution in Gen 4, and below you can find the list, including how many candies you’ll need for each evolution.
Gen 1 to Gen 4 Evolutions and Candy
- Magneton > Magnezone (100 candies)
- Lickitung > Lickilicky (50 candies)
- Rhydon > Rhyperior (100 candies)
- Tangela > Tangrowth (50 candies)
- Electabuzz > Electivire (50/100 candies)
- Magmar > Magmortar (50/100 candies)
- Eevee > Leafeon (25 candies)
- Eevee > Glaceon (25 candies)
Gen 2 to Gen 4 Evolutions and Candy
- Porygon2 > Porygon-Z (100 candies)
- Togetic > Togekiss (50/100 candies)
- Aipom > Ambipom (50 candies)
- Yanma > Yanmega (50 candies)
- Murkrow > Honchkrow (50 candies)
- Misdreavus > Mismagius (50 candies)
- Gligar > Gliscor (50 candies)
- Sneasel > Weavile (50 candies)
- Piloswine > Mamoswine (100 candies)
Gen 3 to Gen 4 Evolutions and Candy
- Kirlia > Gallade (100 candies)
- Nosepass > Probopass (50 candies)
- Roselia > Roserade (50/100 candies)
- Dusclops > Dusknoir (100 candies)
- Snorunt > Froslass (50 candies)
Lesson #1 learned, and now let’s see how useful these Gen 4 Pokemon be in the meta.
- Magnezone – This is a good non-legendary Electric Type attacker with lots of resistance.
- Lickilicky – Not much to offer, the same as its previous evolution.
- Rhyperior – Superior Rhydon with about 10% buff on all stats, and hopefully better moves.
- Tangrowth – Good bulky Grass Type Pokemon with access to best Grass Type moves, might surpass Exeggutor. Sceptile and Venusaur are a better option.
- Electivire – Update over Jolteon, probably best non-legendary of its Generation.
- Magmortar – Update over Flareon, probably best non-legendary of its Generation.
- Leafeon – Overall a good Pokemon.
- Glaceon – Can’t really compete with Mamoswine, but overall good.
- Porygon Z – Quite high attack but Normal Type, either stab or super effective.
- Ambipom – Dex.
- Yanmega – High stats bug type, depending on moves could be pretty good.
- Honchkrow – Much like Houndoom, Tyranitar filler glass cannon but with no weakness to fighting.
- Mismagius – Nothing game-changing.
- Gliscor – Nothing special.
- Weavile – Much like Glaceon, behind Mamoswine, but better than current Ice Type Pokemon. Or Dark type glass cannon (which is pretty much every dark type aside from Tyranitar).
- Mamoswine – Best non-legendary Ice Type Pokemon of its generation, surpassing Articuno.
- Togekiss – Flying fairy tank, might even get fairy type fast attack if implemented.
- Gallade – Will be pretty fine gym attacker, resisting taking neutral psychic type damage IF gets good fighting moves. Possibly around Blaziken level.
- Probopass – Dex.
- Roserade – Glass cannon depending on moves.
- Dusknoir – Nothing special.
- Froslass – Female only shiny.
Sinnoh Pokemon are confirmed and will be joining the party very soon. We expect to see the new Gen 4 wave during the Halloween event 2018.
Until an official announcement, stay with us and get the latest Pokemon Go news.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!