Pokemon Go New Feature Adventure Sync Preview, How to Activate and More
Update 11/01/2018: Adventure Synx in now available only to Lvl40 players. Niantic will roll out this feature to everyone soon (Lvl 5 or higher). Here is how to activate it:
- Enable location permissions
- Connect to Apple Health or Google Fit
- Tap the Main Menu
- Then Settings
- Tap on Adventure Sync and allow Pokemon Go to access your data.
If you have any issues, here is what you should do:
Data is out-of-date or incomplete
- There may be a delay of up to several hours to sync your steps, so you may not always see the most up to date data.
- Your device’s power saver mode may disable the sensors required for Adventure Sync and may interfere with the functionality of this feature. Please disable your device’s power saving mode when using this feature.
- Fitness data that is manually entered into Apple Health or Google Fit will not count towards your Adventure Sync progress.
Adventure Sync isn’t tracking any fitness progress
- Make sure the device has the required sensors to track your distance and steps. Open the Google Fit or Apple Health App to ensure that your device is properly recording your fitness progress.
- If you have an HTC One M8, your phone may be incompatible with Google Fit and you may be unable to use Adventure Sync.
- Make sure that Pokémon GO is connected with Apple Health or Google Fit:
- For Apple Health:
– Open Apple Health
– Tap on Sources
– Under Apps, make sure that Pokémon GO is listed as a connected device
- For Google Fit (may vary depending on device and OS):
– Open your device’s Settings app
– Tap on Google
– Tap on Google Fit
– Tap on Connected apps and devices and make sure Pokémon GO is listed as a connected device.
Update 10/27/2018: The world famous Pokemon Go dataminer Chrales shared a preview of the upcoming Adventure Sync feature on his official Twitter account.
The Adventure Sync feature can be enabled/disabled from the in-game Settings menu:
There will be a second window asking if you want to enable the Adventure Sync and let the game count your steps and help you incubate the Eggs and find more Candy:
then, the following confirmation message will pop up:
Each week, for each KM walked, you will earn rewards (I don’t have any info what these rewards might be, yet):
Please have in mind that this preview is on Android.
What we know about Adventure Sync so far:
- The feature can be enabled/disabled in the Settings menu;
- Android users will need a Google account in order to use the new Adventure Sync feature;
- The app (Pokemon Go) needs additional access to stored location data and activity information on Google Fit;
- Progress and statistics can be found in the player’s profile.
Previous Story 10/25/2018: Trainers, a new feature called Adventure Sync is coming to Pokemon Go.
“The new gameplay system will sync in the background with iOS HealthKit and Android Google Fit, and give players access to a weekly summary that highlights distance traveled on foot and other stats, including calories burned or steps counted if their device makes those available. The Adventure Sync system will begin to roll out to Trainers worldwide soon.”
Adventure Sync will also:
- Record Walking Distance when the app is not running
- Calculate your distance
- Earn Buddy Candy
- Hatch Eggs
- Deliver a weekly summary of Incubator and Candy progress
- Notify when your Buddy has found a Candy
- Notify when an Egg is about to hatch
- Grant rewards for each milestone
Now you can hatch Pokemon twice as fast!