The newest update released by Instinct and Grapeshot is on the verge of explosion. Apparently, the update is here to improve Atlas’ game stability and enhance a couple of core parts in the game. The 7.0 update is here to change the so-far-cruel perspective in the eyes of the players.
Let’s be honest, we cannot be that critical with the game just because of its bad start. Ever since the update and the many issues that prevented players from achieving whatever they wanted, the developers are releasing fixes in a fast manner.
The latest ATLAS update is now available, pushing the game to 7.0. The update pushed players to restart their game because of the major changes, and adds new cosmetic items available to purchase at vendors.
Below you can find the official 7.0 patch notes that somewhat give a reason for hope and better tomorrow in Atlas.
Atlas 7.0 update patch notes
- Added a new event cosmetic, ‘Top Hat’. Permanent skin with 10 applicable uses. Can be purchased from Cosmetic Vendors in Freeports or Travelling Merchants. From the 27th of December, through
tilthe 2nd of January, wearing this hat whilst digging up treasure will result in double the gold.
- Improved server performance by adjusting server water thread utilization
- Changed declaim period (stealing enemy territory) to 30 minutes from 1.5 hours (requires they have no alive crew or players in the vicinity)
- Removed requirement to be on a boat to steal someone’s boat after placing the
claimflag. Adjusted base value times to claim the boats to be 1 one minute to steal a dinghy, 2hrs~ to steal a raft, a couple hours to steal sloop, and so forth ( levellinga ship increases the time it takes to steal that ship).
- Rebalanced Skill Point requirements as originally intended, where higher tier skills cost more SP. Forced a one-time ‘free’
respecto use these new values.
- “Low Memory” Launch Option for more reliable <= 8GB OS support. Launch the game with ‘-
lowmemorymode‘ to utilize this!
- Ship collision damage is now disabled on Freeport servers.
- Alpha creature spawns are now disabled on Freeport and Lawless Servers.
- Item yield and Gold yield from Treasure have been doubled
- Significantly reduced Torch and Fire Arrow Damage
- Fixed a bug which prevented resources from respawning. Please note when this update goes live, it may be a few hours until they naturally start appearing again.
- Increased the damage from Dragon Fire AOE and set it to an 8-hour tame time with the token
- Equilibrium Buff now gives +20% XP, -20% reduced incoming damage, +30 temperature fortitude, +10% movement speed, +20% melee damage, and takes 30 minutes to achieve rather than an hour.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Bottles and Flotsams from spawning
- Fixed a bug ocean and deep ocean spawners, including Mermaids, Whales, Ship of the Damned, and Squids.
- NPC crew that are recruited in Freeport are now correctly assigned to your team.
- Fixed Shovels and Heavy Shields so they no longer damage stone structures
- All freeports now have pirate music in town
- Scuttling is now tied to the demolishing tribe governance setting and Prevent Demolishing Structures in Group Management Settings
- Group ranks now enabled on seating structures, so you’re able to have better control of who is able to use those (Steering Wheel and Lt Podium)
- PvE Claim Flag contesting now displays the enemy Claim Flag’s upkeep time remaining before you can contest it, and provides a proper HUD message to that effect.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!