DayZ, the survival masterpiece that’s still considered as a vital choice in its genre has finally started introducing a much better content. Bohemia Interactive has announced today’s patch, which is the first after the official 1.0 release.
There have been multiple notices and an addition coming in a celebration form. While the patch notes do not discover what “Xmas” refers to, we’re here to try and decrypt its meaning.
Other than that, the patch is heavily focused on fixing things, rather than just adding somewhat a Christmas event. Such as, client crashes, RPM, improved hit reg, and more.
Not only the client is getting a fix, but instead, the servers are also getting some upgrades as well. As a consequence to that, all the servers will be down for a short period, while the upgrade is ongoing.
Classified as Experimental Update 1.0.149974, below you can find the official patch notes:
- Added: Xmas
- Fixed: Box content to boxed H7 light
- Fixed: Client crash
- Fixed: Rpm can sometimes go below zero
- Fixed: Hit registration
- Fixed: Penetration of objects inside bushes can stop projectile or decrease its speed
- Fixed: Synchronization of quick bar action client to server
- Tweaked: Server browser (loading should be much faster)
- Tweaked: Improvements to server performance
- Tweaked: Fire geometry for some objects
- Tweaked: Kazuar optics parameters
- Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes,
reportwith your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
It appears that DayZ is making a big return. What are your thoughts on this one?