Trainers, a new update is here, bringing everything necessary for the launch of the new PvP Trainer Battles feature, new loading screen and new hair colors for your Trainer avatar.
The new update is now available (Android users for now, and here is the APK mirror), and here are the changes:
- Trainers can now challenge someone nearby to a Trainer Battle by scanning their Battle Code
- Trainers can sen remote Trainer Battle challenges to their Ultra or Best Friends
- Trainers can also Trainer Battle against team leaders
- Trainer Battles take place in one of three different Trainer Battle Leagues, and each requires a team of three Pokemon. Each Trainer Battle League has different Pokemon CP limits
- New hair colors and skin tones will be available for Trainer avatars.
The new loading screen:
Here are some of the hair colors:
Now, let’s make this clear. The update is available now, but the PvP Trainer Battles feature will go live when Niantic forces this update on both Android and iOS systems, and that would be most probably on Monday, December 10.