Time has passed since Niantic did the last regional swap, but it seems like they have something up their sleeve. According to their official newsletter, it looks like a region swap is coming later this month.
They did not reveal which Pokemon will swap regions, but they said:
We’ve heard reports of a migration pattern that could affect the appearance of Pokemon originally discovered in the Hoenn region…Perhaps we’ll know
morelater this month.
The likeliest pairs to get swapped are Solrock and Lunatone, Illumise and Volbeat and Seviper and Zangoose.
Traditionally, one member of the pair that will get swapped, will appear in North America, South America, and Africa, while the other one will appear in Europe, Asia
There are other Region E
- Relicanth (locked to select Pacific islands)
- Torkoal (Indian and western Asia)
- Tropius (Africa, Middle East)
For last, check out the list of all Region Exclusive Pokemon in the game and where to catch ’em below.
- Pachirisu – Alaska, Canada
- Chatot – Southern Hemisphere
- Carnivine – Southeast of the US
- Tropius – Africa, Middle East
- Volbeat and Illumise – Americas and Africa/Europe, Asia and
- Lunatone and Solrock – Europe, Asia
andAustralia/ NA, SA and Africa
- Torkoal – South, Southwest and Southeast Asia, UAE, Pakistan, India, Vietnam, Singapore
- Seviper and Zangoose – NA, SA
andAfrica/Europe, Asia and Australia
- Relicanth – New Zealand Fiji, Vanuatu
- Heracross – Caribbean, Central and South Americas. Most likely reaches all the way to the Southern tips of Argentina and Chile.
- Corsola – Tropical areas
- Kangaskhan – Australia, including Tasmania, as well as Papa New Guinea.
- Tauros – Covers all major Canadian cities, no further North than Calgary, but the North East section might be a little more unclear. Heracross starts where it stops
- Farfetch’d – All of Japan, South Korea, and reports of Vladivostok and Eastern Russia as well as areas of Northern China. Covers all of Taiwan. Covers all of Hong Kong and any areas of China South of there.
- Mr.Mime – Europe