Western’s we have some good news for ya’ll! New update is coming to Red Dead Online Beta on February 26. Expect to see a lot of improvements, weapons balancing, and my personal favorite a new Law and Bounty system.
Let’s take a look at what is new and what is changing in Red Dead Online Beta, thanks to Rockstar.
- Reducing the visibility of blips over long distances (so players in other towns or regions won’t be visible)
- New System that highlights overly aggressive players (if your style of play becomes more hostile, your position on the map will be highlited with a darkening dot that shifts from blue to dark red)
- New Posse-wide Parleys (players will be able to initiat Parley that applies to attacker’s Posse after one kill)
- Improved Feuds (when challanging an opponent you can initiate a Feud, Posse Feud or Leader Feud after one kill, quickly turning a dispute into a timed mini-deathmatch for rival players to fight out amongst themselves in Free Roam, earning points for each kill on the opposing player
New Bounty and Law system
Players who have racked up high bounties will have a chance to be beset by NPC Bounty Hunters who will attempt to kill them and collect their reward.
Criminal behavior will have bounty values and honor consequences that scale based on the severity of the crime. For example, killing another player can incur a higher bounty, while assaulting townsfolk or animal cruelty could give you a lesser bounty if the crime is reported, while lower level crimes like looting and ransacking will only decrease your honor.
If your bounty exceeds a certain threshold and Bounty Hunters take notice, you will be wanted dead and alerted to their pursuit. The higher your bounty, the greater your value and the more difficult the pursuit becomes for you and your Posse.
New Daily Challenges
- February 26 will bring new daily challanges (foraging for herbs, selling items, hunting animals, skinning animals, winning Feuds etc.)
Other bug fixes
- Weapons rebalanced
- Voice chat
- Horse Cargo
Rockstar will be posting more details prior to the new update, most probably next week, so until then stay with us and get the latest Red Dead news.