Unwrapping the 1.7 update will surely be of a vital choice as the developers behind Massive have induced multiple stability and performance fixes. The update 1.7 will release tomorrow, March 28th, and will hold a large number of changes among which the performance tweaks are notable. There will no longer be FPS drops and players will scale more properly than before, even though the known issues list says the FPS drops are still under investigation.
In today’s State of the Game Trick and Yannick, Hammishdiscovered the future of The Division 2 and a bit of discovery regarding World Tier 5. The Roadmap is briefly introduced within the image below, and it holds a lot of surprises scheduled to come within Year 1 Free Content.
The Patch Notes for 1.7 has also been published, and surprisingly, they will also include another set of fixes regarding the skill-cooldown bug. Apparently, this issue is still facing struggles, and will be completely resolved tomorrow. You can find the official 1.7 patch notes below:
- Performance improvements that should help and address the frame rate drops that some have been experiencing.
- Part 2 (and final) fix for the Skills-going-on-cooldown issue. The first part was already addressed, but with the client patch, they can also address the other reasons that caused this issue.
- Part 2 (and final) fix for the scaling issue when you play with players that have different levels. The first part addressed the NPC damage, and the second part will address the armor value that did not scale correctly when you had just (for example) green items on your agent. So this should improve the experience a lot.
- Some issues with specific headsets will also be addressed (where you lost the audio completely)
- The color of the nametag of clan-members will be changed and no longer be yellow. (the exact color is still unknown)
- When you opened an Apparel Cache, in some cases it would display a grey placeholder backpack instead of what you actually got – and that will be addressed.
- Navigate and “Mark as Junk” controls will be fixed on controllers
- “Push to Talk” will be enabled by default and you have no longer an open mike per default.
- and a couple more
The last and final Stronghold, Tidal Basin, has also taken place in today’s State of the Game and will become available throughout the next week. More precisely, players may set a foot in Tidal Basin on Friday, next week. There will be a plot leading to the Tidal Basin stronghold, upon which agents will depart on discovery. After the completion of the Stronghold players will be available to move to World Tier 5.
That makes grinding less valuable at this very moment, normally because most of the players are currently at gear level of 450. More about that has been discovered in a bullet list below:
This is a military base. In contrast to other “real world places” Tidal Basin has been constructed with the goal “How would a high-tech faction set up a base to make it defensible” / “What unique defenses could the Black Tusk have?” / “What is realistic high-tech that they could use to defend their home base?”
That makes it very different from other missions/strongholds
It has approx. the same size than Roosevelt Island.
- When the Update has dropped, you will get an additional mission where “plot happens” and you are finally able to attack the last Stronghold “Tidal Basin”
- Once you have completed that Stronghold, you will be promoted to World Tier 5
- On WT 5 the Gear Score Bracket is between 450 and 500
- Gear Sets will also be added to the Loot Pool
- There are three Gear Sets that will be added with this update. (True Patriot / Ongoing Directive / Hardwired)
- Gear Sets can drop from Black Tusk enemies or Invaded Missions
- With World Tier 5 you will also have Weekly Invasions where Strongholds and even more missions can become invaded that have not been invaded before (not just those that you needed to complete to unlock the Strongholds)
- On World Tier 5 you can also select the difficulty of Invaded Missions
- Heroic Difficulty becomes available on WT5
- Heroic Difficulty missions are very generous with rewards but they also don’t have exclusive loot that is locked behind Heroic Difficulty.
- You get more and better drops on Heroic Difficulty and – as mentioned above – Gear Set drops with in general – better rolls and towards the higher end of the Gear Score range.
- The rules will also change on Heroic Difficulty but we don’t have specific details on that.
Moreover, The Division 2 will allow players to tackle down all of the invaded missions with a bonus reward upon completion. The Invaded missions will be available once a week, granting a bonus item upon completion. To clarify things, they will be replayable, but any repetition of the same invaded mission won’t grant a bonus item.
In general, there will be many known issues getting a fix, and The Division 2 is about to receive even more grindable content. Even though the game is considered huge at this very moment, it will become a lot bigger. Just…. don’t get lost…. please…