Epic Games decided to elevate some things in Fortnite. Among the addition of the Boom Bow, the game also received some changes regarding weapons and items, but also added the good old Sniper Shootout LTM. This has brought to further leaks upon which it possibly concluded tomorrow’s upcoming challenges of Week 6 Season 8.
Within this 8.20 content update, Epic Games has also addressed the issues found in the Arena matchmaking, making queues or promotions unacceptable.
The Boom Bow is apparently a strong weapon which explodes on impact and uses Shotgun ammo. Recent leaks have already discovered that, but now it is officially confirmed. The longer players hold the fire button the faster the shot will go.
The Base damage of the Boom Bow is 15, and the headshot multiplier is x2, while the explosion damage is 100. More details about the Boom Bow can be found below:
- Fires Arrows with a Shotgun Shell tip, which explode on impact.
- Uses Shotgun Ammo
- The longer you hold the fire keybind down, the faster the shot will go!
- Explosive damage is consistent regardless of the power of the shot.
- The Boom Bow will achieve maximum power after 1.6 seconds of charging.
- A direct hit will deal both the direct hit damage and the explosion damage to the enemy player it impacts.
- Direct hit
- Base damage 15
- Headshot Multiplier: 2x
- 100 damage
- Direct hit
Epic Games has also made some changes treating matchmaking of the new Ranked Arena mode. It is expected to conclude a much faster queue, as before there have been some difficulties when queueing when the leader is lower division. More details on the Arena Matchmaking changes can be found below:
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue for Duos when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to not be promoted to the next division while playing in Duos with a player in a higher division.
- Note: Hype was still being earned correctly, this was a visual issue only.
- Fixed an issue where players in Duos were charged Bus Fare based on the party leaders division, rather than their own.
The Creative mode has also received some new Geometric Galleries, and Save the World continues its content development.